Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Compete with your pufferpics here!
Forum rules
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?

Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!

Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by Pufferpunk »

I appreciate all your intelligent, informative posts too!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's
Location (country): Holland
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by KorrepZ »

All for a good case :ontopic:
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

Image
User avatar
diverchic
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land.
Location (country): London, UK

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by diverchic »

LOL - I did realise that I'd met the post requirement last night and tried to shrink the image but it was bigger than the link would allow :blush:

So, I shall have to take more pictures and enter one of them (this time taking them in lower res instead of RAW) so that they can be small enough.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Why not shrink the RAW pic, if you like that one?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
diverchic
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land.
Location (country): London, UK

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by diverchic »

cos it's too big for the shrinking software :blush:

Other than that I don't know how - have a nice camera but it's smarter about pictures than I am LOL
User avatar
diverchic
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land.
Location (country): London, UK

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by diverchic »

Query... do Boxfish count as puffers for this?
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by Myaj »

Theeeeerrrrreee's still one spot left open!

I'll be leaving in a bit for the farm and work, so don't panic if you send in an entry and don't hear back from me until tomorrow :)

And feel free to send entries in to get a jump start on August!
Image
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's
Location (country): Holland
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by KorrepZ »

redspotowner wrote:Query... do Boxfish count as puffers for this?
3. The photo must contain at least one puffer (or puffer related species such as boxfish, cowfish, burrfish, etc). Multiple puffers or other fish are allowed in the photo.
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

Image
User avatar
diverchic
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land.
Location (country): London, UK

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by diverchic »

:blush: must remember what the rules said :blush:
User avatar
bigskies
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by bigskies »

AWESOME..... so the boxfish is going to save the day!!!
Go Boxfish! Go Boxfish! Go Boxfish!
:mwave:
User avatar
diverchic
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land.
Location (country): London, UK

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by diverchic »

I take it you like Boxfish? LOL

hopefully the picture lives up to the hype now
User avatar
Dadof4
Tech Team
Posts: 2862
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!
Location (country): United States
Location: North Wisconsin

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by Dadof4 »

Meh, you're all goin' down! If not this month, next month for sure......Muhahahah!
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by Myaj »

I'll get the contest up in a few minutes :)
Image
User avatar
mrgreen
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:17 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1 dwarf puffer: Squirt
2 figure 8s: Escalator & Elevator
Location (country): United States
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!

Post by mrgreen »

yayay! I didn 't have a good pic to enter this month, but look forward to the entries. Woot!
"Puffs puff cuz they're puffs cuz they puff cuz they're puffs. - Nathan age 12
Post Reply