Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
Forum rules
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?
Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!
Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?
Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!
Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
I appreciate all your intelligent, informative posts too!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
KorrepZ
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's - Location (country): Holland
- Location: Holland
- Contact:
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
All for a good case 
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)


- diverchic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land. - Location (country): London, UK
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
LOL - I did realise that I'd met the post requirement last night and tried to shrink the image but it was bigger than the link would allow 
So, I shall have to take more pictures and enter one of them (this time taking them in lower res instead of RAW) so that they can be small enough.
So, I shall have to take more pictures and enter one of them (this time taking them in lower res instead of RAW) so that they can be small enough.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
Why not shrink the RAW pic, if you like that one?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- diverchic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land. - Location (country): London, UK
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
cos it's too big for the shrinking software 
Other than that I don't know how - have a nice camera but it's smarter about pictures than I am LOL
Other than that I don't know how - have a nice camera but it's smarter about pictures than I am LOL
- diverchic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land. - Location (country): London, UK
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
Query... do Boxfish count as puffers for this?
- Myaj
- Tech Team
- Posts: 4587
- Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish - Location: SE Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
Theeeeerrrrreee's still one spot left open!
I'll be leaving in a bit for the farm and work, so don't panic if you send in an entry and don't hear back from me until tomorrow
And feel free to send entries in to get a jump start on August!
I'll be leaving in a bit for the farm and work, so don't panic if you send in an entry and don't hear back from me until tomorrow
And feel free to send entries in to get a jump start on August!
-
KorrepZ
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's - Location (country): Holland
- Location: Holland
- Contact:
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
redspotowner wrote:Query... do Boxfish count as puffers for this?
3. The photo must contain at least one puffer (or puffer related species such as boxfish, cowfish, burrfish, etc). Multiple puffers or other fish are allowed in the photo.
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)


- diverchic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land. - Location (country): London, UK
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
AWESOME..... so the boxfish is going to save the day!!!
Go Boxfish! Go Boxfish! Go Boxfish!

Go Boxfish! Go Boxfish! Go Boxfish!
- diverchic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Parent to:
No puffers since moving to work on a boat but looking to get some again now I am back on land. - Location (country): London, UK
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
I take it you like Boxfish? LOL
hopefully the picture lives up to the hype now
hopefully the picture lives up to the hype now
- Dadof4
- Tech Team
- Posts: 2862
- Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!
- Location (country): United States
- Location: North Wisconsin
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
Meh, you're all goin' down! If not this month, next month for sure......Muhahahah!
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."
- mrgreen
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 983
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:17 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1 dwarf puffer: Squirt
2 figure 8s: Escalator & Elevator - Location (country): United States
- Location: Michigan, USA
- Contact:
Re: Need POTM entries for July ASAP!!
yayay! I didn 't have a good pic to enter this month, but look forward to the entries. Woot!
"Puffs puff cuz they're puffs cuz they puff cuz they're puffs. - Nathan age 12
