Hi, I'm NEW here and would love to share Puffers both Marine (brackish) & Freshwater of India .
Will be posting some unidied stuff very soon.
Warm regards
Channabarca
Hi, I'm NEW here
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
-
Channabarca
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
- Location (country): India
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi, I'm NEW here
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Can't wait to hear about your native puffers!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- pufferpuggirl
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 3979
- Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:
1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish - Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
- Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Re: Hi, I'm NEW here
Nice to have you with us, welcome to the forum! 
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
- Hilly
- Mentor
- Posts: 1903
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:36 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Current: Tetraodon Lineatus
Previous:
Tetraodon Sabahensis
Montrete Abei
Tetraodon Biocellatus
Carinotetraodon Salivator - Location (country): UK
- Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Re: Hi, I'm NEW here
Excellent someone from India, there is a puffer that comes up over here labelled as an Indian Giant Puffer.
I'm hoping that you're going to post some pics of brackish varieties that look like it.
I'm hoping that you're going to post some pics of brackish varieties that look like it.
Hilly
-
Channabarca
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
- Location (country): India
Thanks ALL for the warm welcome
Thank you ALL for the very warm welcome.
Earlier today I have posted three species of brackish/marine origin in the Brackish Puffers section.
We only have three species so far described from pure FW : cutcutia, travancoricus & imitator.
AND some keep popping up in BW like : C. patoca, C. fluviatilis (Ceylon) and Takifugu oblongus
Exotic marines sometimes do enter BW and I try my level best to keep in BW conditions though not for long.
It is my endeavour to learm more of the correct methods of keeping these beauties alive and in the process share pics/info.
Thanks very much.
Earlier today I have posted three species of brackish/marine origin in the Brackish Puffers section.
We only have three species so far described from pure FW : cutcutia, travancoricus & imitator.
AND some keep popping up in BW like : C. patoca, C. fluviatilis (Ceylon) and Takifugu oblongus
Exotic marines sometimes do enter BW and I try my level best to keep in BW conditions though not for long.
It is my endeavour to learm more of the correct methods of keeping these beauties alive and in the process share pics/info.
Thanks very much.
- pufferpuggirl
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 3979
- Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:
1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish - Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
- Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Re: Hi, I'm NEW here
Are you saying that those puffers you mentioned above are puffers that are native to your country/area? I love the cutcutia, very pretty little puffer.
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
-
Channabarca
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
- Location (country): India
Re: Hi, I'm NEW here
Among the FW both travancoricus & imitator are endemic to India.pufferpuggirl wrote:Are you saying that those puffers you mentioned above are puffers that are native to your country/area? I love the cutcutia, very pretty little puffer.
Whereas the BW/Marine are found along coasts of many countries.
-
Channabarca
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
- Location (country): India
Re: Hi, I'm NEW here
Thank you L!$AL!$A wrote:Welcome to the forum!
