Hi, I'm NEW here

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Post Reply
Channabarca
Puffer Fry
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
Location (country): India

Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by Channabarca »

Hi, I'm NEW here and would love to share Puffers both Marine (brackish) & Freshwater of India .

Will be posting some unidied stuff very soon.

Warm regards
Channabarca
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Can't wait to hear about your native puffers!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by pufferpuggirl »

Nice to have you with us, welcome to the forum! :D
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
User avatar
Hilly
Mentor
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:36 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Current: Tetraodon Lineatus
Previous:
Tetraodon Sabahensis
Montrete Abei
Tetraodon Biocellatus
Carinotetraodon Salivator
Location (country): UK
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by Hilly »

Excellent someone from India, there is a puffer that comes up over here labelled as an Indian Giant Puffer.
I'm hoping that you're going to post some pics of brackish varieties that look like it.
Hilly
User avatar
By_a_coo
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:14 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 X GSP
Location (country): Brazil
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by By_a_coo »

Welcome aboard!
Fernando
Channabarca
Puffer Fry
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
Location (country): India

Thanks ALL for the warm welcome

Post by Channabarca »

Thank you ALL for the very warm welcome.

Earlier today I have posted three species of brackish/marine origin in the Brackish Puffers section.

We only have three species so far described from pure FW : cutcutia, travancoricus & imitator.

AND some keep popping up in BW like : C. patoca, C. fluviatilis (Ceylon) and Takifugu oblongus

Exotic marines sometimes do enter BW and I try my level best to keep in BW conditions though not for long.

It is my endeavour to learm more of the correct methods of keeping these beauties alive and in the process share pics/info.

Thanks very much.
User avatar
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by pufferpuggirl »

Are you saying that those puffers you mentioned above are puffers that are native to your country/area? I love the cutcutia, very pretty little puffer.
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
L!$A
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:30 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Fahaka - Nala
Congo - Baloo
Arrowhead - Yzma

R.I.P
Kaleeko - Mbu Puffer
Milly - Fangs Puffer
Location (country): CANADA
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by L!$A »

Welcome to the forum!
Image
Channabarca
Puffer Fry
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
Location (country): India

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by Channabarca »

pufferpuggirl wrote:Are you saying that those puffers you mentioned above are puffers that are native to your country/area? I love the cutcutia, very pretty little puffer.
Among the FW both travancoricus & imitator are endemic to India.

Whereas the BW/Marine are found along coasts of many countries.
Channabarca
Puffer Fry
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 am
Location (country): India

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Post by Channabarca »

L!$A wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thank you L!$A :D
Post Reply