I can only think of a thousand things on why i believe this is wrong, but not for the mouse but for things like the water and sickness.
I just removed the video. Some people may find it offensive. I dont see why but i do respect your opinion enough to have removed it before you saw it.
Its a baby mouse thrown in a tank while puffers knaw on him. Crazy.
puffer eating pinky mice?
- defool89
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 821
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 Fahaka
- Location (country): United states, Garland Texas
puffer eating pinky mice?
You have the right to bear Puffers.
- El Scorpio
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: none, at the moment...
- Location (country): Louisville, KY.
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
Hmm. I mean, mice are great for snakes, but.. well, y'know. Not for puffers.
- bunny
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:27 pm
- Location (country): China Guangdong Provice
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
Wow ~ actually , my little clearer --dace, was ate cause one day i feed them 1 hour later than before ~defool89 wrote:I can only think of a thousand things on why i believe this is wrong, but not for the mouse but for things like the water and sickness.
I just removed the video. Some people may find it offensive. I dont see why but i do respect your opinion enough to have removed it before you saw it.
Its a baby mouse thrown in a tank while puffers knaw on him. Crazy.
-
Master of Puffers
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: target puffer
fahaka
6 dwarf puffers - Location (country): La Belle Province
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
I'm hoping it was a frozen pinky mouse rather than a live one. I know feeding live mice to snakes is frowned on in most hep circles.
I've heard of pirahna keepers feeding frozen pinkies to thier fish but never puffer keepers.
I'm sure in the wild puffers can and do eat what ever is available like most predators.
I've heard of pirahna keepers feeding frozen pinkies to thier fish but never puffer keepers.
I'm sure in the wild puffers can and do eat what ever is available like most predators.
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
- Tim
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Sweden
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
Not sure how it is any worse than feeding live snails or shrimp at any rate. Pretty sure most of us do thatMaster of Puffers wrote:I'm hoping it was a frozen pinky mouse rather than a live one.
I don't suppose someone knows how these mice are killed prior to freezing if at all?
*A wild water plant appears, Pig the Green Spotted Puffer is intimidated*
-
Master of Puffers
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: target puffer
fahaka
6 dwarf puffers - Location (country): La Belle Province
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
google live pinky and snake images ..mice are agressive while being eaten, unsurprisingly..
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
- Terrance
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
- Location (country): USA
- Location: Seattle
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
Does not seem appropriate to feed mice for my puffers. Its not part of their natural diet.
Kind regards,
Terrance
Terrance
- Tim
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:45 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Sweden
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
I sure wouldn't feed them to a puffer, but I wouldnt be surprised that if a puffer came across a rodent swimming in the water to try and take a biteTerrance wrote:Does not seem appropriate to feed mice for my puffers. Its not part of their natural diet.
*A wild water plant appears, Pig the Green Spotted Puffer is intimidated*
-
RTR
- Mentor
- Posts: 6155
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:39 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): East Coast, USA
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
Personally I have reservations about feeding lend animals to puffers or other fish. I just do not see mammalian flesh as significant part of a healthy diet for them. Not in my fish tanks.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
-
Horsegirlmaddy
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 pm
- Location (country): Canada
Re: puffer eating pinky mice?
I work at a pet store, so I can answer this for sure: they don't kill them first. There are rumors that the mice are "gased" before being frozen, but that's completely false.Tim wrote:Not sure how it is any worse than feeding live snails or shrimp at any rate. Pretty sure most of us do thatMaster of Puffers wrote:I'm hoping it was a frozen pinky mouse rather than a live one..
I don't suppose someone knows how these mice are killed prior to freezing if at all?
Piranhas, oscars, arowana, and snakeheads very commonly eat frozen/thawed mice, although I know more than one fish keeper who feeds live for the thrill of it >< for ever one pinky mouse, there's about twenty times the nutritional value of a group of feeder fish. However, fed more than once every ten days, the fish is at risk of bloating, protein overload, constipation from the bones, and obesity. I've personally never heard of feeding mice to puffers, but IMO it seems a more economical option for,say, an adult mbu every once in a while. Probably better than live feeder fish, but that's just my thoughts. I personally give the oscars at our store any freezer burnt pinkies that a snake won't eat, and they seem to quite enjoy this occasional treat.