Snail tnak
-
Perry the Pufferfish
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:59 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 Figure 8 in a 38gal.
- Location (country): South West Florida
- Location: South Florida
Snail tnak
Hello, my tank finally completed its cycle this weekend. I am waiting until next weekend to get my puffer though. In the meantime I am starting my snail tank so that he will have a steady supply. I was wondering if some of you with snail tanks setup could post pics of them, so I could see how they are setup. I made a sponge filter and I have a heater. But I don't know how much water I should keep in the tank. It's a 10 gal by the way. Thanks for any advice you could give me.
-
Srkoe
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson" - Location (country): United States
Re: Snail tnak
Fill it all the way up and keep it simple. Snail tank are a pain to clean.
- ILoveLola
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location (country): Virginia, USA
- Location: Virginia, USA
Re: Snail tnak
Don't do gravel, that's for sure. I made the mistake of putting gravel in mine, it was NEVER clean. when I switched them to a different tank, I painted the bottom (outside) black so it wouldn't look too strange.

- JRC3
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 904
- Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:10 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g) - Location (country): U.S.
- Location: S.W. OH
Re: Snail tnak
Yep, mine is bare bottom.
I also use this as a filter and don't have a problem with snails clogging it.

I also use this as a filter and don't have a problem with snails clogging it.

There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.