Snail tnak

A place to discuss general puffer care or news.
Post Reply
Perry the Pufferfish
Puffer Fry
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:59 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 Figure 8 in a 38gal.
Location (country): South West Florida
Location: South Florida

Snail tnak

Post by Perry the Pufferfish »

Hello, my tank finally completed its cycle this weekend. I am waiting until next weekend to get my puffer though. In the meantime I am starting my snail tank so that he will have a steady supply. I was wondering if some of you with snail tanks setup could post pics of them, so I could see how they are setup. I made a sponge filter and I have a heater. But I don't know how much water I should keep in the tank. It's a 10 gal by the way. Thanks for any advice you could give me.
Srkoe
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson"
Location (country): United States

Re: Snail tnak

Post by Srkoe »

Fill it all the way up and keep it simple. Snail tank are a pain to clean.
User avatar
ILoveLola
Figure 8 Puffer
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm
Gender: Female
Location (country): Virginia, USA
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Snail tnak

Post by ILoveLola »

Don't do gravel, that's for sure. I made the mistake of putting gravel in mine, it was NEVER clean. when I switched them to a different tank, I painted the bottom (outside) black so it wouldn't look too strange.
Image
Srkoe
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson"
Location (country): United States

Re: Snail tnak

Post by Srkoe »

+1
User avatar
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:10 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.
Location: S.W. OH

Re: Snail tnak

Post by JRC3 »

Yep, mine is bare bottom.

I also use this as a filter and don't have a problem with snails clogging it.

Image
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
Post Reply