New Congo: TaterTot

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Pufferpunk »

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Pufferpunk »

RTR wrote:the fish does need a bit more heft to my eyes
Better???

Image
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Srkoe
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson"
Location (country): United States

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Srkoe »

BEAUTIFUL!!!
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Pufferpunk »

She sat under that worm feeder for 2 hours straight, until every last worm was eaten. Good TaterTot!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)


Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish
Location (country): United States of America
Location: Kentucky

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by FADE2BLACK_1973 »

HAHA!! I got laughed at. But anyways atleast your congo is eating. Alittle thin looking to me but that's normal when they are not eating. Btw, PP where do you get blackworms from? I have never seen any around these parts.
Chris,


He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
Srkoe
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson"
Location (country): United States

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Srkoe »

I have to drive an hour to get my blackworms! Next time I think I'm gonna ask for a discount if I purchase a large quantity. I can't keep them in my house with all the puffs I have!
User avatar
greenspottedlover
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): Vermont

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by greenspottedlover »

Srkoe wrote:I have to drive an hour to get my blackworms! Next time I think I'm gonna ask for a discount if I purchase a large quantity. I can't keep them in my house with all the puffs I have!
try 3 hours :P ...
yah I live in the middle of nowhere.
Image
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Pufferpunk »

I buy a pound for $20 at my LFS about every 10 days.
Alittle thin looking to me
Not for long!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
RTR
Mentor
Posts: 6155
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:39 pm
Gender: Male
Location (country): East Coast, USA

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by RTR »

A standard live blackworm feeder cone. No DP tank should be without one, or two. Nor should any Rainbowfish tank, or Tetra tank. I have literally dozens of them. The allow the worms to wiggle out slowly and drop wiggling through the water individually - irresistible to fish. Also, cheap.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
User avatar
greenspottedlover
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 GSP
Location (country): Vermont

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by greenspottedlover »

RTR wrote:A standard live blackworm feeder cone. No DP tank should be without one, or two. Nor should any Rainbowfish tank, or Tetra tank. I have literally dozens of them. The allow the worms to wiggle out slowly and drop wiggling through the water individually - irresistible to fish. Also, cheap.
Probably one for a 10g.?
Image
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Pufferpunk »

I have literally dozens of them.
Filbert keeps chewing chunks out of them!
Probably one for a 10g?
I've got one in my 10g DP tank. Otherwise, the worms all just borrow in the substrate.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
sevenyearnight

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by sevenyearnight »

Pretty soon TaterTot will be a loaded baked potato.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by Pufferpunk »

Oh no, not baked! :shock:
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA
Location: Orange Park, FL

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

so cute, cant wait to get a congo.....Did you say that a 20L is ok for them?
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
sevenyearnight

Re: New Congo: TaterTot

Post by sevenyearnight »

Tater tots are processed and deep fried!
Post Reply