New Congo: TaterTot
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Better???RTR wrote:the fish does need a bit more heft to my eyes

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
Srkoe
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson" - Location (country): United States
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
BEAUTIFUL!!!
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
She sat under that worm feeder for 2 hours straight, until every last worm was eaten. Good TaterTot!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- FADE2BLACK_1973
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1185
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)
Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish - Location (country): United States of America
- Location: Kentucky
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
HAHA!! I got laughed at. But anyways atleast your congo is eating. Alittle thin looking to me but that's normal when they are not eating. Btw, PP where do you get blackworms from? I have never seen any around these parts.
Chris,
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
-
Srkoe
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1 Fahaka "Ares"
2 GSP "Wally"&"Marty"
6 Dwarfs "the peas"
2 Figure 8 "Fugu"&"Gizzard"
1 Honeycomb Toby "Ashera"
2 Congo "P-Nut"&"Bevo"
1 mystery puffer (turgidus?)"Manson" - Location (country): United States
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
I have to drive an hour to get my blackworms! Next time I think I'm gonna ask for a discount if I purchase a large quantity. I can't keep them in my house with all the puffs I have!
- greenspottedlover
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 632
- Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 GSP
- Location (country): Vermont
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
try 3 hoursSrkoe wrote:I have to drive an hour to get my blackworms! Next time I think I'm gonna ask for a discount if I purchase a large quantity. I can't keep them in my house with all the puffs I have!
yah I live in the middle of nowhere.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
I buy a pound for $20 at my LFS about every 10 days.
Not for long!Alittle thin looking to me
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
RTR
- Mentor
- Posts: 6155
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 4:39 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): East Coast, USA
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
A standard live blackworm feeder cone. No DP tank should be without one, or two. Nor should any Rainbowfish tank, or Tetra tank. I have literally dozens of them. The allow the worms to wiggle out slowly and drop wiggling through the water individually - irresistible to fish. Also, cheap.
Where's the fish? - Neptune
- greenspottedlover
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 632
- Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:47 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 GSP
- Location (country): Vermont
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Probably one for a 10g.?RTR wrote:A standard live blackworm feeder cone. No DP tank should be without one, or two. Nor should any Rainbowfish tank, or Tetra tank. I have literally dozens of them. The allow the worms to wiggle out slowly and drop wiggling through the water individually - irresistible to fish. Also, cheap.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Filbert keeps chewing chunks out of them!I have literally dozens of them.
I've got one in my 10g DP tank. Otherwise, the worms all just borrow in the substrate.Probably one for a 10g?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
Oh no, not baked! 
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- xrayjeeper83
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 4167
- Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon - Location (country): USA
- Location: Orange Park, FL
Re: New Congo: TaterTot
so cute, cant wait to get a congo.....Did you say that a 20L is ok for them?
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.