My name is Andrea and I am new to this site.
I will attempting to convert my freshwater to brackish tonight...super excited! Eventually get me a puff or two. I fell in love with them when a friend told me about them. So exctied!
hello all
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- purplecandle
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 2019
- Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer - Location (country): USA (NC)
Re: hello all
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19348
Read the above link for info on Brackish water mixing!
Welcome! What kind of puffer were you thinking? GSP or f8?
Read the above link for info on Brackish water mixing!
Welcome! What kind of puffer were you thinking? GSP or f8?
- xrayjeeper83
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 4167
- Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon - Location (country): USA
- Location: Orange Park, FL
Re: hello all
Thanks! so very helpful. I'm going to start tomorrow. I think I'm going to end up with F8's. I'm super excited about it.
- FADE2BLACK_1973
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1185
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)
Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish - Location (country): United States of America
- Location: Kentucky
Re: hello all
Welcome to the group.... 
Chris,
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
-
Blaine
Re: hello all
Welcome to the neighborhood!!!
Take your time,...do lots of research,...ask lots of questions...
You'll have a happy puffer before you know it.
Take your time,...do lots of research,...ask lots of questions...
You'll have a happy puffer before you know it.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: hello all
Hi there! If I were you, I'd just keep the tank cycled as FW, since most BW puffers around here are sold in FW. Then when you are sure the tank can handle the bioload of the puffer, you can start slowly transitioning him to BW.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Re: hello all
Well's it's too late for that.Pufferpunk wrote:Hi there! If I were you, I'd just keep the tank cycled as FW, since most BW puffers around here are sold in FW. Then when you are sure the tank can handle the bioload of the puffer, you can start slowly transitioning him to BW.
I have already done the transition. I have a good friend of mine that suggested switching to BW before I get the puffs that way it is cyceld and ready to go for them.
I'm super excited! I'm going today to get a Archer to help get the bio going along-hopefully in the next 4-5 weeks...I can get my puffs.
What do you think?
Re: hello all
What are your parameters and SG at now? How fast did you raise the SG? Never cycle your tank with fish.
library/water-filtration/fishlessconsiderations/
Welcome to The Puffer Forum.
library/water-filtration/fishlessconsiderations/
Welcome to The Puffer Forum.