Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- Mac Myers
- Dwarf Puffer
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
- My Puffers: 3 Dwarf Puffers
- Location (country): Palm Harbor, Florida USA
Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
New Puffer Owner (unplanned)
and Shrimp Keeper. 
- FADE2BLACK_1973
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1185
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)
Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish - Location (country): United States of America
- Location: Kentucky
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
Welcome to the group
. Btw, How did and what do you mean a new puffer (unplanned) keep? That are afew other shrimp keepers in here too.
Chris,
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- Mac Myers
- Dwarf Puffer
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
- My Puffers: 3 Dwarf Puffers
- Location (country): Palm Harbor, Florida USA
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
I walked into a LFS to trade some Red Claw Macro Shrimp (I hate them) for something else... store credit or whatever right as the owner was scooping 3 skinny, ratty looking Dwarf puffers out of a ten gallon. He was going to use them for marine feeders as they "didn't sell". So I took them for free after a discussion that I enjoyed more than he did.FADE2BLACK_1973 wrote:Welcome to the group. Btw, How did and what do you mean a new puffer (unplanned) keep? That are afew other shrimp keepers in here too.
I don't do pet store rescues and I don't do impulse buys... but these guys were literally seconds away from become Yellow Tang food. I learned my lesson about taking on animals I know nothing about or rewarding pet stores for lousy conditions a LONG time ago. Or maybe not.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
Please do not try to get around the word censorsPufferpunk wrote:What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
Charles Darwin
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- FADE2BLACK_1973
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1185
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)
Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish - Location (country): United States of America
- Location: Kentucky
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
110% agree with PP. And they dont know anything about fishes because other then using lil puffers as fish food, yellow tangs dont eat them anyways. How dumb they are. Thanks Mac for being the mature and smart person in that lfs and saved those lil DP'sPufferpunk wrote:What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
Chris,
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
- Mac Myers
- Dwarf Puffer
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
- My Puffers: 3 Dwarf Puffers
- Location (country): Palm Harbor, Florida USA
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
Well... in all honesty I don't know what was going to eat them. He was going to put them into a 300 gallon Reef tank full of multiple species of marine animals.
He also has two larger "Freshwater" puffers that he claims are Tetraodon palembangensis but that I think are Figure 8's. He's got them in a 10 gallon tank with some (like 30) White Cloud (?) minnows. I've been doing a lot of research but I have to admit to getting a bit confused. I'm a shrimp guy... I dunno from puffers.
He also has two larger "Freshwater" puffers that he claims are Tetraodon palembangensis but that I think are Figure 8's. He's got them in a 10 gallon tank with some (like 30) White Cloud (?) minnows. I've been doing a lot of research but I have to admit to getting a bit confused. I'm a shrimp guy... I dunno from puffers.
- xrayjeeper83
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 4167
- Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon - Location (country): USA
- Location: Orange Park, FL
Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA
Welcome from Jacksonville
That sounds like a shop owner that I would never do business with.
That sounds like a shop owner that I would never do business with.
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.