Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Post Reply
User avatar
Mac Myers
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
My Puffers: 3 Dwarf Puffers
Location (country): Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Mac Myers »

New Puffer Owner (unplanned) :shock: and Shrimp Keeper. 8)
sevenyearnight

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by sevenyearnight »

Yay!
User avatar
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)


Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish
Location (country): United States of America
Location: Kentucky

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by FADE2BLACK_1973 »

Welcome to the group 8) . Btw, How did and what do you mean a new puffer (unplanned) keep? That are afew other shrimp keepers in here too.
Chris,


He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
Mac Myers
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
My Puffers: 3 Dwarf Puffers
Location (country): Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Mac Myers »

FADE2BLACK_1973 wrote:Welcome to the group 8) . Btw, How did and what do you mean a new puffer (unplanned) keep? That are afew other shrimp keepers in here too.
I walked into a LFS to trade some Red Claw Macro Shrimp (I hate them) for something else... store credit or whatever right as the owner was scooping 3 skinny, ratty looking Dwarf puffers out of a ten gallon. He was going to use them for marine feeders as they "didn't sell". So I took them for free after a discussion that I enjoyed more than he did.
I don't do pet store rescues and I don't do impulse buys... but these guys were literally seconds away from become Yellow Tang food. I learned my lesson about taking on animals I know nothing about or rewarding pet stores for lousy conditions a LONG time ago. Or maybe not.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Pufferpunk »

What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Posts: 2938
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location (country): Canada

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Flutter »

Pufferpunk wrote:What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
Please do not try to get around the word censors :shock:

:ROFL2: :scared:
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Pufferpunk »

:redface: Yes ma'am...
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
FADE2BLACK_1973
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1185
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka (Tetraodon lineatus)


Once owned:
Congo (Tetraodon miurus) R.I.P
GSP's
Figure 8's
SAP
DP's
Stars and Stripes
Porcupine puffers
Yellow long horn Cowfish
Striped Burrfish
Location (country): United States of America
Location: Kentucky

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by FADE2BLACK_1973 »

Pufferpunk wrote:What a total A$$!!! I guess he isn't aware that he could have poisoned the fish he was going to feed them to? Was that the owner?
110% agree with PP. And they dont know anything about fishes because other then using lil puffers as fish food, yellow tangs dont eat them anyways. How dumb they are. Thanks Mac for being the mature and smart person in that lfs and saved those lil DP's :D .
Chris,


He who knows best knows how little he knows - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Mac Myers
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
My Puffers: 3 Dwarf Puffers
Location (country): Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by Mac Myers »

Well... in all honesty I don't know what was going to eat them. He was going to put them into a 300 gallon Reef tank full of multiple species of marine animals.
He also has two larger "Freshwater" puffers that he claims are Tetraodon palembangensis but that I think are Figure 8's. He's got them in a 10 gallon tank with some (like 30) White Cloud (?) minnows. I've been doing a lot of research but I have to admit to getting a bit confused. I'm a shrimp guy... I dunno from puffers. :shock:
User avatar
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA
Location: Orange Park, FL

Re: Greetings from Palm Harbor Florida, USA

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

Welcome from Jacksonville

That sounds like a shop owner that I would never do business with.
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
Post Reply