Blind Pea Puffer

Dwarf, Red Eye, South American & more. Freshwater puffer talk in here.
Post Reply
I’mJustTrying
Puffer Fry
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:33 pm
Location (country): United States

Blind Pea Puffer

Post by I’mJustTrying »

Hi everyone

I have a pea puffer who is about seven years old. She is struggling to see and it’s making it difficult for her to eat to the point she’s gotten pretty thin. Any advice would be super appreciated!

She’s super interested in food and she keeps trying to eat but she pounces at the food and misses by almost an inch. She’s also started running into walls a bit and I don’t think she sees the small bladder snails in her tank anymore because suddenly they’re breeding in her tank.

We typically feed her frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and Hikari Vibra Bites. We’ve tried feeding her from a pipette but she’s still barely getting anything. I also tried dropping some food on a plant leaf and she didn’t find it.

Everything is normal in her tank and she has been healthy otherwise. I’m almost positive she doesn’t have parasites as we’ve had her for years, dewormed her before, and she has no symptoms of parasites. She’s acting normally aside from the eyesight issues.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations! Thank you!
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Blind Pea Puffer

Post by Pufferpunk »

That's quite an old age for this species! She may just be at the end of her days. :sorry:
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Post Reply