Page 1 of 1

Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:45 pm
by Chubb
Hello, I've been lurking and thought I should show you guys my tank and say hi. I have a 15 gallon metaframe tank with 4 dwarf puffers. I've had them for about 7 months now and really love them.
Image
Image
Image

Here's a video of one.
http://youtu.be/5h2xFkLGi7c[/youtube]

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:32 am
by sgtmyers88
This is fantastic. :) I first got into fishkeeping and grew up with Metaframes. They are getting harder and harder to find in the hobby.
Despite them being hated on for being super heavy I always loved the ones I had.

And nice DP habitat. :)

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:16 am
by bertie 83
Welcome to the forum, nice set up

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Nice antique! Great aquascaping. :)

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:04 pm
by Arny
Beautiful planted tank mate

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:46 pm
by DMD123
That is an awesome set up! Ive always wanted to find one complete with the hood/light fixture but usually only find the leaking tanks.

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:46 pm
by Arny
Hey chub. What type and power lights do you have and are you using co2?

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 pm
by G S P Freak
Very retro; I like it :D. Nice setup!

Re: Dwarf puffers in a Metaframe

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm
by Chubb
Thanks everyone. Yeah I like the retro look of the metaframe tank and I made the stand for it from a kitchen table. I'm using two 20w GE daylight cfls and Flourish Excel. Started with two 26w bulbs but it was too much for not having co2.