Hi All,
Just got my first puffers today. 2 dwarf puffers
And a quick pic of their new home
After doing quite a bit of reading I think I'd like to have a go at breeding these little guys in my 60cm tank once it grows in, especially as my lfs sells them at a sexable size.
There's one of those protector things over that pump right? Or at least no way for them to get sucked in? Way too many horror stories about dead puffers here from that. Welcome to the forum! They're very cute. Good luck breeding them.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
Thanks All,
No co2 gas but I am using liquid carbon and EI dosing. The tank is 48x18x18 inches all optiwhite glass and currently using 1x 54w t5 bulb(the luminare holds 3)
The pump (3200l/hr btw) is switched off at the moment as it was ripping up my plants after I trimmed and replanted a load of stem tops Ill keep it off while the puffs are in there. The filter is 1500l/hr so is adequate for the moment.
They arent alone the tank also houses 10 cardinal tetras, 5 N. Brevis, 5 amano shrimp and 2 nerite snails.
I would keep a close eye on your fish, even though they are just Dwarf puffers they are still puffers and all puffers like to take nibbling samples of anything and everything. Especially if it swims or crawls.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
Thanks All,
I'll be keeping a close eye on them and do have another tank I can move them into.
my observations so far: ignored the tetras, figured out to stay out of the brevis's way, found my nerites which they showed a bit of interest in but gave up in the end(the nerites are nearly twice their size ) and dont seem to have noticed the amanos.