Page 1 of 1

Hello!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:59 pm
by wannarace928
Hi Everyone

I recently bought a 75gal aquarium that came with a Dogfaced Puffer and several other fish. I was originally planning on getting rid of all of the fish, but the Puffer has found a way into my heart after a very short time, so I am keeping him. He is incredibly friendly and seems to have the personality of a puppy. However I have some questions so thought I would sign up here.


Image

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 pm
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Great choice, one of my favorite puffer species!

Here is one I saw in the Philippines:
Image

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:44 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Good deal but thats no Dog face puffer. I think Pufferpunk got you covered :D

Re: Hello!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Btw, welcome to the forum :D

Re: Hello!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:11 am
by trekenk
That is what is commonly called a Narrow line dogface.

Re: Hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 pm
by FADE2BLACK_1973
Arothron manilensis (Narrow-Lined Puffer) Arothron Nigropunctatus (Black Spotted Dogface Puffer). I had to Google it..lol. Looks more like a Stars and Stripes puffer then a dog face. Has the more of a blutter snout wheres a dog faced is more longgated. Close relative at the most.