Page 1 of 1

Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:36 am
by Channabarca
Hi, I'm NEW here and would love to share Puffers both Marine (brackish) & Freshwater of India .

Will be posting some unidied stuff very soon.

Warm regards
Channabarca

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 am
by Pufferpunk
[welcome]
Can't wait to hear about your native puffers!

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 am
by pufferpuggirl
Nice to have you with us, welcome to the forum! :D

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 pm
by Hilly
Excellent someone from India, there is a puffer that comes up over here labelled as an Indian Giant Puffer.
I'm hoping that you're going to post some pics of brackish varieties that look like it.

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm
by By_a_coo
Welcome aboard!

Thanks ALL for the warm welcome

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:01 am
by Channabarca
Thank you ALL for the very warm welcome.

Earlier today I have posted three species of brackish/marine origin in the Brackish Puffers section.

We only have three species so far described from pure FW : cutcutia, travancoricus & imitator.

AND some keep popping up in BW like : C. patoca, C. fluviatilis (Ceylon) and Takifugu oblongus

Exotic marines sometimes do enter BW and I try my level best to keep in BW conditions though not for long.

It is my endeavour to learm more of the correct methods of keeping these beauties alive and in the process share pics/info.

Thanks very much.

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:14 am
by pufferpuggirl
Are you saying that those puffers you mentioned above are puffers that are native to your country/area? I love the cutcutia, very pretty little puffer.

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 am
by L!$A
Welcome to the forum!

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 am
by Channabarca
pufferpuggirl wrote:Are you saying that those puffers you mentioned above are puffers that are native to your country/area? I love the cutcutia, very pretty little puffer.
Among the FW both travancoricus & imitator are endemic to India.

Whereas the BW/Marine are found along coasts of many countries.

Re: Hi, I'm NEW here

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:13 am
by Channabarca
L!$A wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thank you L!$A :D