Page 4 of 4

Re: Sept POTM - Entries needed!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 am
by Troender
I can't wait to see the pics.
yunachin wrote:Inger? What about you?
My camera has gone to camera heaven. So there won't be any new pics before Christmas, when I hope someone has the sense to give me a new one. :wink:

PS: I prefer to be called Inger Anne. I am used to be called many things, but I never get used to be called just Inger. :wink:

Re: Sept POTM - Entries needed!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:30 pm
by yunachin
Oh I am sorry about the camera.
And sorry about the name too, I meant no disrespect. :redface:
I will make sure to remember that.

Re: Sept POTM - Entries needed!

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:25 pm
by Troender
yunachin wrote: And sorry about the name too, I meant no disrespect. :redface:
I know you didn't, and I didn't feel any disrespect either. I know it's confusing with two names without a - in between.

Re: Sept POTM - Entries needed!

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:26 pm
by Agnate
Is Inger Anne your first name, or is it both your family name and first name? (I'm just curious). I did a little reading, and it seems as though non-hyphenated names are somewhat common in Norway. Is this correct?

Re: Sept POTM - Entries needed!

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:39 pm
by Troender
Inger Anne is my first name. My family name is Pedersen (the 7th most common family name in Norway). Yes, you're right that non-hyphenated names (I had to dig deep into my dictionary to understand what you meant :lol: ) are common. It's a bit confusing though, as you never know if non-hyphenated names means that the person likes to be called with both names or only one of them. I use both. There's supposed to be a small difference in how you pronounce hyphenated/non-hyphenated names, but in reality there isn't.

Re: Sept POTM - Entries needed!

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:40 pm
by Agnate
Heh, cool. :)