April 2008 POTM winner announced!

Compete with your pufferpics here!
Forum rules
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?

Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!

Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455

Which photo do YOU think should be the April Puffer of the Month?

Poll ended at Sun May 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Entry #1
10
22%
Entry #2
4
9%
Entry #3
1
2%
Entry #4
11
24%
Entry #5
0
No votes
Entry #6
0
No votes
Entry #7
9
20%
Entry #8
1
2%
Entry #9
8
17%
Entry #10
2
4%
 
Total votes: 46

User avatar
grubbster
Puffer Fry
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:48 pm
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka and 3 Dwarf Puffers
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by grubbster »

Ahh, they are all great :D
now developed a dark stripe along her belly
wouldn't this mean Specky is a little 'him' :?
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Myaj »

Agh! I found the "sent" reply, but your original email is nowhere to be seen.

I'm sorry! You'll have to resend it for next month. I feel like an idiot!
Image
User avatar
Troender
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).
Location: Askim, Norway

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Troender »

Myaj wrote:I feel like an idiot!
Don't! I know what you've been through lately. You've had enough on your mind. My pic wouldn't have had a chance against this month's pics anyway. :lol:
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Image
Happy_Puffer
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:55 pm
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
The new owner of a Canthigaster jactator

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Happy_Puffer »

Very nice pictures everyone!! Does the voting end at the end of May?
*Katie*
The new owner of a salt water tank
crazedpuffer
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:57 pm
My Puffers: 1x Porcupine Puffer
1xValentini
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by crazedpuffer »

I believe it ends May 10th
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Myaj »

Yes voting runs for 10 days.
Image
crazedpuffer
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:57 pm
My Puffers: 1x Porcupine Puffer
1xValentini
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by crazedpuffer »

Voting ends tomorrow!
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Myaj »

Well, technically it ends on the 11th (I know, I couldn't figure that one out but if you count it, it makes sense lol).

But yes, its nearly done! Any stragglers, get your votes in!
Image
User avatar
Jase
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:13 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: RIP Hootey :(
Location (country): USA
Location: Montana

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Jase »

bump :)
-Jase
edmlfc1 wrote:A house without a puffer is not a home. :D
Happy_Puffer
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:55 pm
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
The new owner of a Canthigaster jactator

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Happy_Puffer »

I have a question, my friend has a puffer and we both take care of it and she is very photogentic one of the few puffers I am around that I can get pictures of, can I send a pic of her in even though she isn't all the way mine. I wanted to ask before I sent in a picture of a puffer thats not really mine. My friend Keith doesn't mind if I send in the pic and its on my camera. Thanks I understand if I can't!
*Katie*
The new owner of a salt water tank
User avatar
Jase
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:13 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: RIP Hootey :(
Location (country): USA
Location: Montana

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Jase »

I think as long as you take the picture and you have permission, then you're good to go. :)
-Jase
edmlfc1 wrote:A house without a puffer is not a home. :D
Happy_Puffer
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:55 pm
My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
The new owner of a Canthigaster jactator

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Happy_Puffer »

Cool because the new puffer is the cutest little thing!!
*Katie*
The new owner of a salt water tank
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Myaj »

Yes, as long as you are the photographer and own the rights to the photo, which will be the case for the most part unless you were hired to take the photos. :)
Image
jennybugs
Figure 8 Puffer
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:33 am
My Puffers: Carinotetraodon Travancoricus x 3
Tetraodon Biocellatus x 2
Tetraodon miurus x 1
Canthigaster valentini x 1
Canthigaster leoparda x 1
Location (country): UK
Location: Swinging London

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by jennybugs »

Fantastic photos as always! I want to have my house stuffed full of them :lol:
Image
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Vote for April 2008 POTM!

Post by Myaj »

And congratulations to Robert & Anne, aka FishFan who won with their great photo of Tator!

Image
Image
Post Reply