My name is Julia and I am new on here.
I live in the United States, Ohio but I am originally from Austria Europe, born and raised. Moved to the USA in 2007.
I have a juvenile GSP about 1.5 inch in a 55gal. His name is Mr. Dubby. I have him since March 2021. When I acquired him at my LFS he had ICH. Used temperature and salt method and ICH-X for curing ICH. He is in a species only tank and my only fish in my tank.
Currently at 1.014, slowly raising (1.002 per week) it to about 1.023. Eventually I would like to have a FOWLR tank maybe adding Hermit crabs and snails ( I guess I will find out if they end up as a snack
Started on trying growing purple helix algae in my 10 gal hospital tank. Using the ARC Purple Helix Coralline Algae in a bottle. Also looking into buying a Reef Octopus HOB skimmer.
Tank set up:
55 gal tank
Fluval 207 canister filter
Fluval U4 internal filter (Eventually switched out with protein skimmer)
Base rock
3 Marimo algae spheres
Aragonite sand, crushed corals mixed (Caribsea)
250 W Water Heater
Inkbird Temperature controller
wave maker
Fluval Aquasky
Weekly WC of about 50-70%. I use the Tropic Marine Classic marine salt
Diet:
Bladder Snails, Ramshorn Snails and very small MTS (breeding my own in a 20 gal tank)
Jumbo Blood Worms
Jumbo Mysis Shrimp