Where are my manners?!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Where are my manners?!
Hello from Knoxville, TNBeen visiting the forum for a couple of months and just realized I haven't introduced myself. Been keeping fish for almost 30 years. Started with a goldfish in a bowl when I was 9 and moved to cichlids when I was 12. I've kept central American, south American, and African cichlids, Channa, predatory characoids and catfish, freshwater stingrays, arowannas, reef and planted aquariums. Working in a lfs (Tropicana in Chicago ), I dealt with puffers all the time but never kept one myself. Years ago I kept a small figure 8 puffer in a heavily planted, unfiltered aquarium. I only put him in there to take care of the snails but something about him stuck in my head and stayed for the next ten years. Then I saw him at work one day. A beautiful, vicious, malevolent abei puffer. And here I am, watching out for my fingers and loving it...
Re: Where are my manners?!
Oh,and I have other fish, too. A 8" Polypterus senegalus, a 14" peacock eel, 3 lg pictus catfish, and an African knife fish in one tank. And I just brought home a small figure 8 puffer that needed re-homing from a customer at work.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Where are my manners?!
Moved to Greenville Sc, 16 months ago. Maryville, TN was our 2nd choice.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Re: Where are my manners?!
Never been to Greenville, but Maryville is like a maze. Terrible traffic, nothing to do but go to Knoxville. You probably made the right call. I hear Greenville is nice.