Until I retired in 2009 I was a law prof at Dalhousie in Halifax, Nova scotia.
Unlike most people here none of my family or friends ever had an aquarium so I didn't get pulled into having a wet pet. I did, however read "Lady with a A Spear" and enjoyed its discussion of puffers.
My recent interest in puffers developed through a mixture of (scarce) puffer books and (plentiful) puffer videos on Youtube. A comment on one of the videos referred to Puffer:Forum and that's how I wound up reading/lurking here a couple of years ago.
I have been hesitant to join because I still do not have an aquarium and probably will not acquire one even for puffers. I am the kind of person who kills cactuses by forgetting to water them, and I shudder at the thought of killing fish, who cannot make noise to get my attention. (Cats can make noise and I do live with one of them.)
I do have a very large acquarium substitute outside my front window, namely St. Margarets Bay on the South Shore of Nova scotia, and have done research on salt temperate water puffers -hence my query about Northern puffers on another topic, which has not cleared the administrators yet.
Enough for tonight-more on another day.
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)