Years ago I had a green spotted puffer. To be honest I had no idea what I was doing. I was young and dumb and did not do any research about them. Just went off of what the kid at the pet store told me about them when I bought him. I had him for about a year and he seemed to do alright but he died during a move to a new house and we just decided to get rid of the tank after that.
My fiance and I recently obtained a biocube 29 for free, and we decided to give puffers a go. We bought 2 figure 8's. They share the tank with 2 black mollys, 2 electric tetras, and 2 plecos. All of the fish were put in the tank at the same time about a month ago and they all seem to get along great and they all seem quite happy.
I did make the water brackish for them, but I have yet to get a refractometer to check the salinity, and test kits to test nitrates, ph, kh, ammonia. I plan on getting these items this week.
Anyhow. We really enjoy these cute little figure 8's so I figured it would be a good idea to educate myself on them as much as possible and this seems like the best place online to get help with puffers so I decided to join
If anyone has any advice about these guys to throw at me right off the bat please do.