Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Post Reply
mercmad1a
Puffer Fry
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:58 am
Location (country): Paignton , Devon, United Kingdom

Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Post by mercmad1a »

Hi everyone- I am Phil from Paignton in Devon in the United Kingdom and I am today getting my first ever Dog faced Puffer. He is around 6 inches in length and seems in very good health. His fins are spread well and markings are very attractive. Mainly white body with dark blotches and bright yellow fins. He will first be going into my quarantine tank for at least 3 weeks and then, if all is well, will be transferred to my main display tank. Unfortunately, several months ago I had a case of ich in my main tank and lost amongst others a beautiful adult Emporer Angelfish. Like so many I have learnt the hard way by not putting new fish into quarantine first. I guess that I lost near to £500 of fish due to the ich. The only fish I have left in my display is a cleaner wrasse and chalk Bass. So guys listen to the forum and make sure you have a quarantine/ hospital tank.
Anyway, I am looking forward to studying my new Puffer and bonding with him. Any tips on the Dog face will be greatly appreciated. After joining The Puffer Forum I have already learnt much more about Puffers and I must admit that I am quite excited about my new purchase and will update the forum on his progress.
User avatar
bertie 83
Moderator
Posts: 5298
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England
Location: brighton , england

Re: Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Post by bertie 83 »

Hi and welcome to the forum
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
User avatar
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Re: Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Post by purplecandle »

[welcome]

Pics of your new porky when you get the chance!
Image
User avatar
defool89
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 Fahaka
Location (country): United states, Garland Texas

Re: Hi - New Member from Devon - United Kingdom

Post by defool89 »

Hello and welcome from Texas USA :cheers:
You have the right to bear Puffers.
Post Reply