I recently set up and cycled a 46gal bowfront. Wanted to try my hand at Figure eight puffers, after much reserch! It's been about 7-8 years since I have had a tank. Never even heard of cycling back then, so what I thought I knew has changed A LOT!! I wanted to do it right if i was going to put all that time, money and effort into it. Years ago my husband and I were at Walmart and saw the cutest little GSP and just had to have him!! Needless to say he last maybe 2 weeks. Now looking back and thanks to Google:) I know why. So thanks to this site and some others I knew exacty what I had to do to to succeed. I just joined a couple days ago but have been looking to this site for info for the past 2 months. Thanks for having me!
Heather
New Puffer owner :)
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
-
HeatherRW
- Dwarf Puffer
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:21 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 3 Figure Eights
- Location (country): US
New Puffer owner :)
We need a bigger boat.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New Puffer owner :)
Be sure to read our Library articles.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: New Puffer owner :)
Welcome to the forum
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
-
Master of Puffers
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: target puffer
fahaka
6 dwarf puffers - Location (country): La Belle Province
Re: New Puffer owner :)
Bonjour et bienvenue
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
- Pufftastic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm
- My Puffers: 1 x C travancoricus
Have also kept:
T biocellatus - Location (country): California USA
Re: New Puffer owner :)
Welcome, Heather! F8s are spectacular puffers -- I enjoyed mine so much. A 46 bow front is my favorite size/style of tank. You're going to love your new puffs!
Yo ho, yo ho, a puffer's life for me.
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)