Shrimp
-
Horsegirlmaddy
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 pm
- Location (country): Canada
Shrimp
I was wondering-does the exoskeleton of ghost shrimp help at all with puffer teeth, in addition to snails? What's your experience?
- G S P Freak
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 421
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Figure Eight Puffers, Binks (29G)
Dwarf puffers, named "He-Puffer" (male) and She-puffer (female) (10g)
Non-puffer:
1 Red-eared slider, Tortuga (female)(100g)
1 rubber lip pleco - Location (country): USA, Indiana
Re: Shrimp
I would say they probably make very little difference in keeping teeth trim like snails do. Ghost shrimp have relatively soft shells, and I can't see how they would keep teeth trimmed. Regular cocktail shrimp (raw unshelled) have a much harder shell and are more appropriate for keeping beaks trim, along with snails ofc. I see ghost shrimp as nothing more then occasional treats, that can be gut-loaded and let loose in the tank when I'm on break for a few days =P. I find snails to work the best for my f8, they're the only thing he really crunches into. He eats the shrimp I feed him out of the shell, completely avoiding the shell part, which I often vacuum up at WC time, so his only beak-trimming food I feed him atm is snails.
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
-John Ruskin-
"I have to laugh when people call fish-keeping a hobby, if anything, it's a science... and for some, an obsession." - Me
-John Ruskin-
"I have to laugh when people call fish-keeping a hobby, if anything, it's a science... and for some, an obsession." - Me