Hi from Alaska
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Hi from Alaska
Hello - I am an elementary teacher. Someone gave me a Green Spotted Puffer for my classroom. I thought this might be a good place to learn and to ask questions that come up. My students are enjoying "Green Top." Green Top is excited to see the students each day as he spends the evening alone... with a few visits from the custodians.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Alaska
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Check out our Library (under the Learn tab, above) for great articles. You are welcome to print anything you find there, for your classroom.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
Master of Puffers
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: target puffer
fahaka
6 dwarf puffers - Location (country): La Belle Province
Re: Hi from Alaska
Bonjour et bienvenue.
I wish we'd had such an intereasting fish when I was at school. We had a goldfish and I never wanted to bring it home on week-ends but ended up with it twice in 4 months...
I wish we'd had such an intereasting fish when I was at school. We had a goldfish and I never wanted to bring it home on week-ends but ended up with it twice in 4 months...
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
But puffers are a girl`s best friend.
- bunny
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:27 pm
- Location (country): China Guangdong Provice
Re: Hi from Alaska
Hello ~~welcome ~ i am new here one week before u ~
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
- Terrance
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
- Location (country): USA
- Location: Seattle
Re: Hi from Alaska
Hello.
In my aquarium society, I'm part of a philanthropy group. We set up aquariums in library and schools to educate/promote the fish hobby. Most of the resources are donated from the club members to the public entity. Although most of the stuff is old, its still useable. Try to see if you can find resources from your local aquarium society.
In my aquarium society, I'm part of a philanthropy group. We set up aquariums in library and schools to educate/promote the fish hobby. Most of the resources are donated from the club members to the public entity. Although most of the stuff is old, its still useable. Try to see if you can find resources from your local aquarium society.
Kind regards,
Terrance
Terrance
- PufferMe!
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 pm
- My Puffers: One green spotted puffer in 70 gallon, marine tank. Soon to add 3 yellow tail damselfish
- Location (country): USA, New Mexico
- Location: Albuquerque
Re: Hi from Alaska
I'm an Elementary school Counselor
Welcome.
Life is a sum of all your choices - Albert Camus
- sgtmyers88
- Moderator
- Posts: 1296
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
- Location (country): USA
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Alaska
Welcome Aboard!
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.