Hello from Arizona
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
-
boosted23
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am
- Location (country): phoenix, arizona
Hello from Arizona
Hello, My name is justin and i am going to be starting my first puffer tank. I am going to be purchasing a fahaka or cross river puffer. I just bought my tank to house it. I got a 150 gallon 48" long x 24" wide x 31" tall. I am still getting a few more things to get it all setup and am gong to be stripping and refinishing the stand. I have done alot of research on these species and still have alot more to learn. That is why i joined this site cause i want first hand experiences with these beautiful species. I want to get the right equipment first before i purchase because i want it to be healthy and happy from day one. I hope to gain vast knowledge to do so on this site.
- sgtmyers88
- Moderator
- Posts: 1296
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
- Location (country): USA
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Arizona
Welcome to the forum! I had a tank just like that but had to regretfully sell it when I moved from another state a few months ago. I really liked that tank and the extra width it provided. For a fish that gets larger than 12 inches the wisdom for having a wide tank becomes even more clear.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
- defool89
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 821
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 Fahaka
- Location (country): United states, Garland Texas
Re: Hello from Arizona
Hello welcome ask away on anything you are doubtful on. Chances are someone has been there already
You have the right to bear Puffers.
-
boosted23
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am
- Location (country): phoenix, arizona
Re: Hello from Arizona
Thank you guys, I just purchased my first house so that is why i am gonna be getting my dream fish. If i was still renting i wouldnt be doing this tank cause i don't want to move it and the tank everytime i move.lol i got a good deal on the tank. I was looking for months for this tank. I will definately be asking alot of questions and researching this site cause i have ALOT more to learn on these fish.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Arizona
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Are you putting the tank on an outside wall? Is there a basement under it?
Be sure to check out the great articles in our Library: library/water-filtration/fishless-cycling/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
boosted23
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:53 am
- Location (country): phoenix, arizona
Re: Hello from Arizona
outside wall? The tank is gonna be in the corner of my dining area where there are two windows by the tank. There is no basement. It is rare in arizona to have a basement. it is on the bottom floor not my second story.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Arizona
That's good to hear. I have to use floor joists to hold mine up from in the basement.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Hello from Arizona
Hi and welcome
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly