Hello
I'm new to keeping a Puffer I bought a Figure of Eight Puffer on the weekend, I know the basics like they are better to be alone which is ok because I've put him in a small Tropical tank on his own and they need to eat things like Brine shrimp and Blood worms frozen or alive and Trumpet Snails.
I was wondering if there was anything else I should need to know and if I was to put another fish into the tank what would be my best choice?.
Hi Everybody
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
-
Zombie Puffer
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:10 pm
- Location (country): England
- Terrance
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:10 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Retired Puffer Addict
- Location (country): USA
- Location: Seattle
Re: Hi Everybody
Hello. If you're already read the figure 8 article, then you should already know most things about this fish. 50% water change, premix water with marine salt, salt level of 1.003-1.005, and feed crustaceans.
Knight goby or bumblebee goby or mollies. Depends on size of your tank.
See you around.
Knight goby or bumblebee goby or mollies. Depends on size of your tank.
See you around.
Kind regards,
Terrance
Terrance
- sgtmyers88
- Moderator
- Posts: 1296
- Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffers
- Location (country): USA
- Contact:
Re: Hi Everybody
Avoid the Malaysian Trumpet Snails as it can actually hurt them to eat those because their shell is too hard for them.
WARNING: Puffers are mischievous little blimps with enchanting powers. You may not be content with having just one.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi Everybody
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- LooksLater
- Dwarf Puffer
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:50 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Suki: Fahaka Puffer
Squee and Bella: Dwarf Puffers
Also:
30g Tanganyikan community tank
10g RCS/planted/community tank
2.5g snail/endler breeding tank
2g Sulawesi invert tank - Location (country): Spring, TX- USA
- Location: Spring, TX
Re: Hi Everybody
Welcome!! I am glad you have joined the puffer ranks! There is a plethora of info on the web and on this forum (and others), and I'm sure if you have any specific questions, or run into problems (hope not!) everyone would be happy to help. 
"Without tact you can learn nothing."
Benjamin Disraeli
Benjamin Disraeli
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)