Hello all,
My name is Justin and I have been keeping fresh and brackish water puffers for about 12 years now. I have been keeping aquariums for about 25 years. Puffers are by far may favorite fish. I have had GSP's, Figure 8's, dwarf, bumble bee, and avocado puffer.
I currently don't have any puffers. About a year ago I lost my 4 year old GSP when I went on vacation and the person taking care of my fish really over fed him polluting the water. So I now have a 75 gallon and am looking for a new puffer. I am not sure yet what I am going to get probably another GSP or Cylon. Where I live now I am having a hard time finding them so if any of you know anyone selling puffers please let me know. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
Justin
Hello all from upstate NY
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Hello all from upstate NY
Welcome to the forum
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
- LooksLater
- Dwarf Puffer
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:50 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Suki: Fahaka Puffer
Squee and Bella: Dwarf Puffers
Also:
30g Tanganyikan community tank
10g RCS/planted/community tank
2.5g snail/endler breeding tank
2g Sulawesi invert tank - Location (country): Spring, TX- USA
- Location: Spring, TX
Re: Hello all from upstate NY
Welcome! Good luck finding a new puffer buddy.
"Without tact you can learn nothing."
Benjamin Disraeli
Benjamin Disraeli
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hello all from upstate NY
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
Sorry for your loss...
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- GSPicthus
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 am
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): NY
Re: Hello all from upstate NY
Hello all and thanks for the welcome.
@pufferpunk I learned my lesson. Now when I have to go away I measure food out in little zip lock baggies and date them.
@pufferpunk I learned my lesson. Now when I have to go away I measure food out in little zip lock baggies and date them.
- suvattii2012
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 427
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:52 am
- My Puffers: Arrowhead / Suvattii
- Location (country): UK
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Hello all from upstate NY
Or do what we do and feed well before you go and do an extra w/ c before and after. They will go a week no probs, or get someone to Feed them once
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly