New from Texas
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
-
Darielm
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 Diodon holocanthus- Sonic
- Location (country): United States-Texas
- Location: SA, TX
New from Texas
Hey all. My name is Steven, I have 2 GSPs in a 10 gal tank with their new 40 gal cycling. Like alot of us I was very misled by the Wal-mart staff. I brought my first puffer home to be in my FW tank with some guppies and a swordtail. I woke up next morning to my fish cowering in one corner and my puffer zooming around the rest of the tank. I quickly set up my spare tank and moved the puffer over to it. Since then, I have acquired another GSP and couldn't part with them if I wanted to. I am about to move them into their new 40 gal home for now. I have a 90 that I am buying in the next few months to make their permanent home. I found this forum and knew that i was gonna need some help with this little adventure, so here I am. I have yet to find another puffer exclusive forum at all and the other forums don't quite get into the puffers.
-
Gongol
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:03 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Squishy & Squirt.
- Location (country): United States
- Location: Kansas,USA
Re: New from Texas
Welcome!
I WAS from Texas too, & just recently moved.
I have 2 GSP's myself, and one of mine is called Squishy too! lol.
AWWEEESSSOMMMEEE....
& don't feel bad about not knowing much about these fish, I was totally clueless myself, when I purchased them from Walmart, I honestly thought it would be EASY caring for them...........
I WAS from Texas too, & just recently moved.
I have 2 GSP's myself, and one of mine is called Squishy too! lol.
AWWEEESSSOMMMEEE....
& don't feel bad about not knowing much about these fish, I was totally clueless myself, when I purchased them from Walmart, I honestly thought it would be EASY caring for them...........
- El Scorpio
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: none, at the moment...
- Location (country): Louisville, KY.
Re: New from Texas
Welcome, Darielm! Nice to have you, and don't feel bad, a lot of us have been tricked by Wal Mart. Your two GSP's will do nicely in the 90 gallon that you want to set up; they'll grow to their max size in a tank that big.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New from Texas
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
I suggest moving your puffers over to the 40g now. An uncycled 40g is way better than a 10g for 2 GSPs. Get Tetra's Safestart to dd to your filter tomorrow.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
Darielm
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 Diodon holocanthus- Sonic
- Location (country): United States-Texas
- Location: SA, TX
Re: New from Texas
Will that work if the SG of the tank is at 1.014?Pufferpunk wrote: I suggest moving your puffers over to the 40g now. An uncycled 40g is way better than a 10g for 2 GSPs. Get Tetra's Safestart to dd to your filter tomorrow.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New from Texas
No, but Bio-Spira probably will. Your other option is to bump it up to 1.018, get established live rock & drip-acclimate them into there.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"