and puffers, but not to aquaria.
Hi, I'm Jill. I have been keeping Central and South American cichlids for somewhere around 10 years. I have deviated from cichlids here & there, but that has been my focus. i am also absentee mod/admin on cichlidforums.com. My interest has somewhat drifted away from cichlids.
My husband & I have a garage fishroom, here in NC, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 tanks running. Our interest is in "tankbusters" and discus. So we don't have many tanks under 75 gallons running. The largest operational tank is 525 gallons. The largest tank currently out of service is 600 gallons. It has a leak that we're working on.
Anyway - That's my fish chops.
I'm here because I have an empty 120 "show" (4' x 2' x 2'), and I've really wanted a fahaka puffer for a long time, and I think the hubby is definitely on board.
Hopefully I won't ask too many repetitive questions. After 8 years on cichlidforums, that's why I'm "absentee".
New to the forum
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- J-P
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 5626
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 am
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Japan
- Location: Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan
Re: New to the forum
welcome aboard!
Your choice of puffer isn't unique. There are lots of post and care requirements here on the forum.
if you can't find the answer.. be free to ask away! PufferPunk and some of the other Fahaka owners will be glad to chime in
Your choice of puffer isn't unique. There are lots of post and care requirements here on the forum.
if you can't find the answer.. be free to ask away! PufferPunk and some of the other Fahaka owners will be glad to chime in
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
-
cfl1974
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:52 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1 Fahaka - Sriracha
- Location (country): Waxhaw, NC USA
Re: New to the forum
Yeah. I know fahakas are pretty common. I will assume it's one of the larger freshwater puffers suitable to home aquaria (unlike mbu), that is relatively easy to find.
That plus being wicked cute, I'm sure, accounts for it's popularity.
That plus being wicked cute, I'm sure, accounts for it's popularity.
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: New to the forum
Welcome to the forum
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
- DrKennethNoisewater
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 317
- Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:55 pm
- My Puffers: Puffers:
2xGSP
Non Puffers:
3xPictus Catfish
1xBlack Ghost Knife
1xGolden Dojo Loach
1xHighfin Pleco
1xBoesemani Rainbow
4xHarlequin Rasboras - Location (country): under a bridge ontario, canada
Re: New to the forum
they are a very nice puffer. i have only seen a few in real life and never owned one but i would love to one day. welcome.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New to the forum
Filbert says, ![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)

![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)

You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"