Diodon Liturosus
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Thanks!
I live in Cheddar, Somerset. 30 mins south of Bristol
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Cool. I'm a south coaster myself. I assume the tank was custom built? Can I ask what it cost?
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Nice! I went to Brighton once. Got very drunk and had lots of fun!
Yes, it's a custom build, built by Seabray. The tank was built on site, because it would not go through the door. In total including the £700 'on site build cost build fee' it was £3,500. The whole system probably cost about 10K, but that's been spread over several years. It drains into a garage where I have a six-foot Seagrass aquarium and three five foot tanks as well all linked into the system. It's a 'biotope' system, based on an indonesian coral reef. My project for the next 10 years at least!
Yes, it's a custom build, built by Seabray. The tank was built on site, because it would not go through the door. In total including the £700 'on site build cost build fee' it was £3,500. The whole system probably cost about 10K, but that's been spread over several years. It drains into a garage where I have a six-foot Seagrass aquarium and three five foot tanks as well all linked into the system. It's a 'biotope' system, based on an indonesian coral reef. My project for the next 10 years at least!
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Love it! Yea it gets messy here lol. That is immense, quite the setup may I say, I am aiming for a 7x 3 ish for my fahaka with lots of rocks and wood etc. It's good to have you here
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Fahaka?... I'm not great with puffer knowledge, hence why I came to this forum for info.. renouned for being the best place for all things puffer... Is that a brackish puffer or freshwater?
Love the smile on your puffers face by the way, I am now a total convert and well glad I made the jump... cleaner shrimps are all still accounted for as well so far, fingers crossed!
Love the smile on your puffers face by the way, I am now a total convert and well glad I made the jump... cleaner shrimps are all still accounted for as well so far, fingers crossed!
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Its freshwater, thats him in the pic. I would not stay too attached to the shrimp lol. They dont tend to hang around. They just pass through,,,,,,the puffer lol. And thanks hes awesome just smiles for food lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Diodon Liturosus
And yes this is the place, the pro's are very knowledgeable
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Heee! Nice! Just googled it, 7 x 3 will make a more than nice home for him..
I would get iron free (opti-white or starphire) glass on the viewing pane on a tank that size.. or it will look green when you look from the side rather than from the front. Very cool and sparkles!
I would get iron free (opti-white or starphire) glass on the viewing pane on a tank that size.. or it will look green when you look from the side rather than from the front. Very cool and sparkles!
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Absolutely. Will do. Keeping my eyes peeled for something a similar size second hand. I would go 6 x 2.5 fft if i can run a large sump/ refugium. Still i will see, it will be for my new house lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
-
jus85411
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: none currently :(
- Location (country): USA
- Location: Philadelphia Area
Re: Diodon Liturosus
beautiful puffer you have there simon! welcome to the forum!
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Yeah! love big tanks, love big plans and love big fish! Good luck with the new house 
- ILoveLola
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 pm
- Gender: Female
- Location (country): Virginia, USA
- Location: Virginia, USA
Re: Diodon Liturosus
Holy wow. Gorgeous puff & tank, Simon!!
I would love to have a big aquarium one day, but years and years and years down the road. I can't even commit to a city, let alone a house to put them in!
Look forward to seeing more about your puffer
I would love to have a big aquarium one day, but years and years and years down the road. I can't even commit to a city, let alone a house to put them in!
Look forward to seeing more about your puffer
