Hello Everyone,
I know next to nothing about puffers. I have always considered them a saltwater family, and I'm a freshwater guy. BUT, now I am considering them as a fish that could help rid me of excess guppies. I've read that they eat snails, nip at fins and like live food, but can I count on them to eat adult guppies.
I am looking for something interesting to help me with my excess guppies.
Thanx
RWS
P.S. This is the first forum that I have ever contacted, but I have found very little info regarding my question
Puffer Diet
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
-
Sundieseldog
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:42 pm
- Location (country): united states
-
zombiefetus
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:57 am
- Gender: Female
- Location (country): Illinois, USA
- Contact:
Re: Puffer Diet
For most puffers fish aren't a good diet for them. (Surely you can just give them to a Local Fish Store? Or give them away on craigslist?). Puffers can be a lot of work, they're messy and scaleless, so they need large tanks with perfect water conditions (most puffer keepers do large weekly water changes).
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Puffer Diet
Your guppies would be the perfect diet for the piscivore puffer species. See the Pufferpedia for the Monotrete species.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- J-P
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 5626
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 am
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Japan
- Location: Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan
Re: Puffer Diet
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
