Are all PetCos bad?

Kick back & chat about whatever you feel like. Off topic discussion.
User avatar
Reaperpilot2014
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 150g - 1 Fahaka Puffer "Ramses" (The Pharaoh)
55g - 3 SA Puffers "Larry, Curly, * Moe"
30g - 1 GSP "Demon"
15g - 1 C. Irrubesco "Raoden"
29g - 1 Figure 8 - Looking for good name ideas...
29g - Ramshorn, Marmorkreb, Cherry & Ghost Shrimp Breeder Tank
10 wonderful years with puffers!
Location (country): USA
Location: Utah

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Post by Reaperpilot2014 »

Either way, it's a good clarification to make. If for some reason someone did decide to go get some, I would feel really bad if they got the wrong one because I forgot to write herbal. That would be bad voodoo for the puffer.
It's a crayfish! It's a snail! It's a... ah who cares?
Nom nom nom!...

Tank: 4 liter custom-shaped sphere
Contents: 1 Brainfish
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates: ?
Problem: Cloudy/muddy water
Can you help me?
User avatar
sevenyearnight
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:41 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: T. nigroviridis
Balki Bartokomous
Location (country): USA
Location: South Carolina

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Post by sevenyearnight »

True. I guess I saw Rid Ich and remembered it wrong, so good clarification. The brown stinky one is the good one
Image
User avatar
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
Location (country): California, USA

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Post by goldielocke76 »

You guys are ok, it's Ich Attack by Kordon in a green lettered bottle. The Rid ich and Rid Ich+ all have red letters. Didn't see the blue one. Holy moly, it wasn't cheap. I didn't want the big one, but that was all that they had = / /shrug. I am sure I will use it. Oh well. Got little PZ his 10 gallon tank today. Just need another filter (really kicking myself in the buttocks for sending the aquaclear 30 home now that I need one ><) and just need to let it cycle. Yay. Almost there! Pretty soon I will have two little happy puffs!
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
User avatar
goldielocke76
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
Location (country): California, USA

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Post by goldielocke76 »

goldielocke76 wrote:You guys are ok, it's Ich Attack by Kordon in a green lettered bottle. The Rid ich and Rid Ich+ all have red letters. Didn't see the blue one. Holy moly, it wasn't cheap. I didn't want the big one, but that was all that they had = / /shrug. I am sure I will use it. Oh well. Got little PZ his 10 gallon tank today. Just need another filter (really kicking myself in the buttocks for sending the aquaclear 30 home now that I need one ><) and just need to let it cycle. Yay. Almost there! Pretty soon I will have two little happy puffs!

LoL it replaced my "a$$" with "buttocks"
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)

RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
User avatar
Reaperpilot2014
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 638
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 150g - 1 Fahaka Puffer "Ramses" (The Pharaoh)
55g - 3 SA Puffers "Larry, Curly, * Moe"
30g - 1 GSP "Demon"
15g - 1 C. Irrubesco "Raoden"
29g - 1 Figure 8 - Looking for good name ideas...
29g - Ramshorn, Marmorkreb, Cherry & Ghost Shrimp Breeder Tank
10 wonderful years with puffers!
Location (country): USA
Location: Utah

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Post by Reaperpilot2014 »

Don't forget heat to make the ich cycle faster. Saly works great too.
Last edited by Reaperpilot2014 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a crayfish! It's a snail! It's a... ah who cares?
Nom nom nom!...

Tank: 4 liter custom-shaped sphere
Contents: 1 Brainfish
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates: ?
Problem: Cloudy/muddy water
Can you help me?
User avatar
sevenyearnight
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:41 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: T. nigroviridis
Balki Bartokomous
Location (country): USA
Location: South Carolina

Re: Are all PetCos bad?

Post by sevenyearnight »

The salt and heat method is stickied on the hospital. As it says, please watch for respiratory stress while raising the temperature. Ick attack has been used in conjunction by several people with no reported issues.
I've personally used Ich Attack and the salt method separately with success. But, I was treating cool water fish and didn't raise the temp above 80°. It might have taken a little longer, but the fish wouldn't have dealt with the heat well at all.
Image
Post Reply