I came across this site a few weeks ago looking for information on the green spotted puffer as I was looking to get one as a pet. But now that I have the puffer it seemed like a good idea to register
I've had my green spotted puffer for a little over a week now. The little guy is about 2" right now. I've named him Pig due to his incredibly messy eating habits
I have the puffer on a mixed diet of Ocean Nutrition cubes of krill, bloodworms, mysis, black mosquito larvae and artemia. I also breed Malaysian Trumpet Snails in a separate 3g aquarium. I feed him large adults that I have cracked open a little. When he gets bigger I want to add an occasional crab to that.
And now for some pictures

The aquarium the puffer is in.

When the puffer came I also put 3 Dwarf Red Legged Hermit crabs in the tank to see if they would go well in brackish water. Today I asked for 2 more but got 1 that was another species, not sure what he is but needless to say Pig the Puffer really took an interest, where as he leaves the Dwarf Red Legged Hermits alone.

The unknown hermit crab will have to do with 1 less leg for the time being until it grows back.
And a few more shots. I am glad he isn't camera shy.




