Hi All!!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- Pufftastic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm
- My Puffers: 1 x C travancoricus
Have also kept:
T biocellatus - Location (country): California USA
Re: Hi All!!
Aquarium silicone usually comes in a tube, like toothpaste, and they make small ones all the way up to great big ones. It usually needs 24-48 hours to cure after you use it before it's safe for fish.
That GSP at the LFS sounds adorable. I really wanted a GSP too, but I have a 29 gallon and that's just not big enough for even one of them, really. I went with F8s instead, and I'm really enjoying them. They have tons of personality and do the follow-your-finger thing and beg shamelessly for food.
That GSP at the LFS sounds adorable. I really wanted a GSP too, but I have a 29 gallon and that's just not big enough for even one of them, really. I went with F8s instead, and I'm really enjoying them. They have tons of personality and do the follow-your-finger thing and beg shamelessly for food.
Yo ho, yo ho, a puffer's life for me.
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
Is there such a thing as a 5 gallon bucket with a pour lip? I was hoping to find one to keep the mess down during WC and I haven't been able to find one yet.
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- Pufftastic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm
- My Puffers: 1 x C travancoricus
Have also kept:
T biocellatus - Location (country): California USA
Re: Hi All!!
I have one that I got at Home Depot. You'll want to put something at the lip to strain the water when you pour it if you're breeding snails. Those little buggers aren't always stuck to the tank. I learned that the hard way when a few snails went down the drain.goldielocke76 wrote:Is there such a thing as a 5 gallon bucket with a pour lip? I was hoping to find one to keep the mess down during WC and I haven't been able to find one yet.
Yo ho, yo ho, a puffer's life for me.
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
Pufftastic wrote:I have one that I got at Home Depot. You'll want to put something at the lip to strain the water when you pour it if you're breeding snails. Those little buggers aren't always stuck to the tank. I learned that the hard way when a few snails went down the drain.goldielocke76 wrote:Is there such a thing as a 5 gallon bucket with a pour lip? I was hoping to find one to keep the mess down during WC and I haven't been able to find one yet.
I was thinking more along the lines of after I have mixed the BW in a bucket to pour it into the tank. I was looking for something that would make it easier to pour into the tank without making a huge mess. I planned on getting a 25 foot aqueon hose (Amazon doesn't have python that I have seen and lots aqueon has good reviews) to help with FW changes, but I know eventually I will move to BW. I was looking for something exactly like this
http://www.amazon.com/Farm-Innovators-O ... 284&sr=8-3
Only problem is, is that I do not need it to be heated. = / I just don't want to mess up the carpets. We paid alot to move it, and I want it all back LOL
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Hi All!!
Over here you can get those buckets for like £2 in homeware stores. They do exist lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
bertie 83 wrote:Over here you can get those buckets for like £2 in homeware stores. They do exist lol
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Hi All!!
If i can ship one i will. I will find out prices as to ship halfway round the world may be more than its worth lol
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
- Reaperpilot2014
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 150g - 1 Fahaka Puffer "Ramses" (The Pharaoh)
55g - 3 SA Puffers "Larry, Curly, * Moe"
30g - 1 GSP "Demon"
15g - 1 C. Irrubesco "Raoden"
29g - 1 Figure 8 - Looking for good name ideas...
29g - Ramshorn, Marmorkreb, Cherry & Ghost Shrimp Breeder Tank
10 wonderful years with puffers! - Location (country): USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Hi All!!
I've seen them at Walmart. You can try either the cleaning section or else some of the trash bins.goldielocke76 wrote:bertie 83 wrote:Over here you can get those buckets for like £2 in homeware stores. They do exist lol
How do I get one of those in California?? LoL. I have looked online, I have looked in stores-- feed, hardware, homeware, plastics, etc. and have yet to find one. /sadface
It's a crayfish! It's a snail! It's a... ah who cares?
Nom nom nom!...
Tank: 4 liter custom-shaped sphere
Contents: 1 Brainfish
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates: ?
Problem: Cloudy/muddy water
Can you help me?
Nom nom nom!...
Tank: 4 liter custom-shaped sphere
Contents: 1 Brainfish
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates: ?
Problem: Cloudy/muddy water
Can you help me?
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
Sweet! Thank you so much! I will go check there after I get off of work!
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
YAY!!!!! I went to the LFS and messed with their tank decorations...I now have a great idea as to how I am going to set up the tank (hopefully it will meet the approval of all of you puffer experts out there ^.^ ) Now it's just a matter of getting the stuff, and getting it set up, all of that requiring money LOL. Next pay day is going to be nice, so I am going get everything I need mid week, next week....happy day!! 
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi All!!
That's great they let you do that.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
Pufferpunk wrote:That's great they let you do that.
All I did was take their decorations on the shelf and put it in an empty 20. I had one of their employees "give me ideas" and he didn't care too much. Haha. I put everything back and was gentle with everything, so they didn't mind. We have been down there so much some of them know me by name now = / haha. I can't help it, it's too exciting!
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
bertie 83 wrote:If i can ship one i will. I will find out prices as to ship halfway round the world may be more than its worth lol
I didn't even see your quote until tonight =( lol if you wouldn't mind finding out how much it is, if I can't find one at Walmart or Target, I just might take you up on it......
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
- Reaperpilot2014
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 150g - 1 Fahaka Puffer "Ramses" (The Pharaoh)
55g - 3 SA Puffers "Larry, Curly, * Moe"
30g - 1 GSP "Demon"
15g - 1 C. Irrubesco "Raoden"
29g - 1 Figure 8 - Looking for good name ideas...
29g - Ramshorn, Marmorkreb, Cherry & Ghost Shrimp Breeder Tank
10 wonderful years with puffers! - Location (country): USA
- Location: Utah
Re: Hi All!!
If you tried to do that at my Father's store, he' be like "I can't let you do that. You could scratch the glass." Honestly though, you could probably up sales a bit if you gave slight discounts for getting all of your substrate, plants, etc., right then.goldielocke76 wrote:Pufferpunk wrote:That's great they let you do that.
All I did was take their decorations on the shelf and put it in an empty 20. I had one of their employees "give me ideas" and he didn't care too much. Haha. I put everything back and was gentle with everything, so they didn't mind. We have been down there so much some of them know me by name now = / haha. I can't help it, it's too exciting!
It's a crayfish! It's a snail! It's a... ah who cares?
Nom nom nom!...
Tank: 4 liter custom-shaped sphere
Contents: 1 Brainfish
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates: ?
Problem: Cloudy/muddy water
Can you help me?
Nom nom nom!...
Tank: 4 liter custom-shaped sphere
Contents: 1 Brainfish
Ph: 7.4
Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates: ?
Problem: Cloudy/muddy water
Can you help me?
- goldielocke76
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm
- Location (country): California, USA
Re: Hi All!!
Reaperpilot2014 wrote: If you tried to do that at my Father's store, he' be like "I can't let you do that. You could scratch the glass." Honestly though, you could probably up sales a bit if you gave slight discounts for getting all of your substrate, plants, etc., right then.
That would totally be awesome. It's going to be ghastly expensive! The two pieces I was looking for tank decor (not including the plants) are going to be about $100...then I have the substrate, the plants, the fish, etc. Oh well. They didn't mind much, but, being a "dumb customer", I guess I never thought that I could do that...never occurred to me. = / Now I kinda feel bad, because everyone there is pretty knowledgeable, and personable.
5.5g: Pond snails
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3
5.5g: Red Cherry Shrimp and Rams
10g: PZ the Pee Wee (DP), Ghost shrimp, Otos x3
36g: Luau the F8, Zebra nerites x8, sometimes a herd of ghost shrimp for food
60g: Perches the starry blenny, 1 watchman goby Snaps the l.c. hermit, 2 emerald crabs, 1 red crab, 2 turbos, 7 asteas, 2 nerites, 2 clown gobies and 2 firefish gobies (upgrading to a 90 gallon reef)
RIP Yoshi, you are dearly missed <3