Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

Recently new to TPF figured I would post this to get some chatter going!

Well I am pretty much a country guy living in AZ. 19 on 8/25 which will be awesome! Starting college to become a diesel technician. Also have became a huge aquarium enthusiast since my buddy moved in and since he couldn't afford his puffer he gave it to me! Still learning through research and most of these guys and gals on here. Which is strongly appreciated and I encourage corrective criticism on here towards me!

My fish and tank consist of a 40gallon breeder tank with a Cascade 500 canister filter with argonaut mixed with sand as the substrate. I have a Fahaka Puffer named Sol since hes fat and lazy and I love the movie Pineapple Express!! Then I have a bala sharl, 2 cory catfish, Chinese algae eater, electric yellow cichilid and a dinosaur bichir. Love them all except the cichlid since hes a butthead! lol

By next week hopefully is the tank and stand is finished I will have a full 225gallon tank which is almost twice the recommended size for a puffer :) so he will be happy! The tank I am going to cycle a week with some fish and get the substrate, decor, and other items around to put in and get it ready for him! I am going to make it fun and not boring for him so he will live a long successful and prosperous life with me. So any ideas feel free to let me know!
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
1 week, cycling with fish, ain't gonna cut it:
library/water-filtration/fishless-cycling/
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

Thanks! I read that very informational! I need to brush up on some of my reading. been busy!
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by Pufferpunk »

There's a 2nd article on fishless cycing in the library too & if you're really feeling like reading about how the biological functions of our aquariums work, try the other articles in that section.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

could you post a link? that would be easier

so doing what this article says and then adding my old bio media would that be ohk? or just start fresh and grow bacteria would be betteR?
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
trekenk
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 674
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by trekenk »

I would post a link but it is easier for you to get to know your way around. Go to top of page where it says Learn, drop down to "The Puffer Library". Lots of infor there.
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

thanks man
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by Pufferpunk »

I'm not much for spoon-feeding research, especially when it's in the same section of the Library I already linked you to (& I've already taken my sleeping pill, so it's getting increasingly harder to type correctly :notimpressed: )
library/category/water-filtration/


.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

Well I looked and cant figure the damn thing out! lol But I will look some more! Thank you though!
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
bertie 83
Moderator
Posts: 5298
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England
Location: brighton , england

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by bertie 83 »

Please don't cycle with fish it's cruel
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

not cycleing with fish man.
I got some used media from a well established tank and put it in my filter hopefully things will turn around here soon.
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
bertie 83
Moderator
Posts: 5298
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England
Location: brighton , england

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by bertie 83 »

Glad you decided not to use fish to cycle
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Were you able to read those Water & Filtration articles? I gave you the link to all of them.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
fahucker
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:37 am
My Puffers: Fahaka Puffer- Gilbert
Location (country): Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
Location: Arizona

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by fahucker »

Yes I read through quite a bit found out some things I was doing wrong and know I am more educated on the situations!

I appreciate it so much PufferPunk you've been a lot of help!
Fahakas are like dogs! They come up to you and say hi! Or they're just looking for food!
When new! ~April 1stImage
Most Recent Aug 1stImage
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hey! Its Tyler and Sol!

Post by Pufferpunk »

Thank RTR, he wrote all that. ;)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Post Reply