Hey! I'm Anna

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Post Reply
Annaxox
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: None yet! ^^ I will be bringing home one Green Spotted Puffer within the nest week or two though! Very excited!
Location (country): United States: Michigan

Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Annaxox »

Hello! I am Anna and currently have no puffers. D= I am going to be adding two gsp's to my cycled 55 gallon pretty soon though. I am very excited! I first fell in love with puffers when I received one as a gift at least three years ago. I didn't have the proper set up at the time and had to return the little guy to the store after I had learn about their particular needs. I vowed that when I could afford a big enough tank and the salt I would get at least one gsp again though because they are such interactive cute little buggers. I guess that time has come!

I am 21, will be 22 in October and am starting work at Wal Mart again as a cashier. Before this I worked as a home care nurse but my patient moved to a different state to be near his family and with the economy the way it is I couldn't afford to wait for my agency to find me a new patient. I have worked at Wal Mart for a short time before so they grabbed me right up when I told them I needed work. lol I am also engaged to be married next June to a great guy, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I mostly spend my time playing with my pets and painting. I have four ferrets that have taken over my kitchen who I just adore and two doggies that also keep me on my toes. Carlin is a pit mix and Lewis is an english cockerspaniel. I adopted both of them from my local shelter and they've been the best dogs you could ever ask for! Most of my art is rather dark and abstract I have done other stuff though, dabbling in pointillism and occasionally doing portraits for people. I garden when it's nice out and go on walks with the pups.

Well, there isn't much to know about me. xD I'm a pretty simple girl <3
User avatar
PolishPuff
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: ________

Also cared for;

Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away
Auriglobus modestus-----Traded
Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport.
Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded
Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded
Congo Puffer ------------Traded
South American Puffers -Traded
Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :(
Location (country): USA-Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by PolishPuff »

[welcome]

What of a size tank are planning to house them in :D
"Lost time is never found again" Benjamin Franklin
Annaxox
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: None yet! ^^ I will be bringing home one Green Spotted Puffer within the nest week or two though! Very excited!
Location (country): United States: Michigan

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Annaxox »

I have a cycled 55 gallon
sevenyearnight

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by sevenyearnight »

Hello!
If it's not set in stone, I'd strongly recommend just getting one. They develop a better relationship with their keeper when they are alone, and they are a hit or miss on if they will even emerse each other. Also, a 55 is considered awesome for a single puffer, it's a bit tight quarters for 2.

I also have ferrets, they are the cutest!
User avatar
eieio
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1033
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 am
My Puffers: *
The Congo Puffer:
"olivia"
and.......
The DP:
"cream puff"
RIP cream puff :-(
Location (country): U.S.A.
Location: Prescott, Arizona

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by eieio »

Welcome Anna! :)
"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
Annaxox
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: None yet! ^^ I will be bringing home one Green Spotted Puffer within the nest week or two though! Very excited!
Location (country): United States: Michigan

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Annaxox »

I was just talking to another member and I've decided to go with one ^^ Thanks!

I love ferrets! I am totally owned by them. They demand their freedom when they wake up and how could I refuse those deceitfully adorable faces? Then they spend their free time trying to get into the trashcan. xD One time my youngest actually got into the trash and I don't know how long she was there before I found her ketchup covered albino butt, now the trashcan goes on the counter. -dies-
Annaxox
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: None yet! ^^ I will be bringing home one Green Spotted Puffer within the nest week or two though! Very excited!
Location (country): United States: Michigan

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Annaxox »

Thank you! <3
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
How are you cycling this tank, exactly?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Annaxox
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: None yet! ^^ I will be bringing home one Green Spotted Puffer within the nest week or two though! Very excited!
Location (country): United States: Michigan

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Annaxox »

I used ammonia
Annaxox
Dwarf Puffer
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: None yet! ^^ I will be bringing home one Green Spotted Puffer within the nest week or two though! Very excited!
Location (country): United States: Michigan

Re: Hey! I'm Anna

Post by Annaxox »

I've had to cycle it before this way. My house burned down in february and with it my beautiful lady jack dempsey died. She was only three and I had her since she was a tiny grey fry <3 A particularly colorful dempsey for a female. I miss her =(
Post Reply