New to the forum
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to the forum
Hi ya'll! My family recently rescued one of these fabulous fish from our local Wal-Mart and wish we could have adopted them all, so talked my sister-in-law into adopting another - with the promise of helping her take care of him of course. We have a 55 gallon freshwater community tank, a 10 gallon freshwater, and a 30 gallon brackish/salt for our Puffenator
He is a mean machine with a personality that makes him just adorable. He is by far our favorite fish (just don't let our other fish know that). We have been researching and trying to find out what we can and can't add to his tank without hurting him or something else...finding there's not a whole lot, but that's ok, we'll just have to get another tank 
Re: New to the forum
Welcome 
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
Charles Darwin
-
sevenyearnight
Re: New to the forum
Puffinating the countryside... Puffinating the peasants...puffinating all the people...
And the THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!
THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!
And the THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!
THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New to the forum
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
I think 7 took too much of something tonight...
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
sevenyearnight
Re: New to the forum
Ok, you got me PP. I have scoliosis from one leg being shorter, I'm overdue to go to my chiropractor, unbearable it has been last few days, so*Maybe* too many pain pills.
But, for the record, I have been clean of elicit substances, alcohol, whatnot for 4 years, after 14 years of addiction.
But, for the record, I have been clean of elicit substances, alcohol, whatnot for 4 years, after 14 years of addiction.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New to the forum
Pain pills are the most addictive of all. Especially when you can use the excuse that they are prescribed & not "elicit".
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
sevenyearnight
Re: New to the forum
"Prescription" drugs were part of my past list.
I'm talking about tylenol with caffeine, I'm that much of a lightweight now.
I should have specified. My only Rx I have now is for anxiety, but I am fortunate to only have to take that maybe once a month. One day perhaps not at all
Abusing a prescribed drug is still elicit in my book.
I'm talking about tylenol with caffeine, I'm that much of a lightweight now.
I should have specified. My only Rx I have now is for anxiety, but I am fortunate to only have to take that maybe once a month. One day perhaps not at all
Abusing a prescribed drug is still elicit in my book.
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: New to the forum
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
sevenyearnight
Re: New to the forum
Um.. Yes, sorry. Welcome to the forum!
And say no to drugs! (Unless under the careful supervision of a doctor)
And say no to drugs! (Unless under the careful supervision of a doctor)
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: New to the forum
Welcome. What puffer do u have?
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
- Pufftastic
- Green Spotted Puffer
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm
- My Puffers: 1 x C travancoricus
Have also kept:
T biocellatus - Location (country): California USA
Re: New to the forum
Go Strong Bad!!!sevenyearnight wrote:Puffinating the countryside... Puffinating the peasants...puffinating all the people...
And the THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!
THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!
Yo ho, yo ho, a puffer's life for me.