Hey everyone i am new here and didnt do a "Meet and Greet" post yet..
I am from WI i have two tanks and am pretty much a noob...
i have a 10 gallon with 2 DPs and a couple of ghost shrimp (Depending on my DPs appetite)
i have a 35 gallon in the cycling process right now that i want to get a GSP for.
Been getting a lot of knowledge and useful information from this forum and i am really excited to see all of the pictures of other peoples set ups
Wondering what kind of tankmates the GSP will be able to have and what tankmates poeple have had luck with thier DPs
Hello from Wisconsin
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- puffykid
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Madison, WI
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
Hey and welcome to the forum. I am from WI too and so is at least one other person on this forum!
In regards to your questions unfortunetly you woun't be able to have tank mates with either of your puffers in the current tanks that you have set up for them = /
If you were to get a bigger tank ( I think in the 55-60g range correct me if I am wrong thanks) and went full marine you could have some tank mates with your gsp.
Thats pretty much as much as I know someone more knowledgeable will come along and answer your questions in more detail = p
In regards to your questions unfortunetly you woun't be able to have tank mates with either of your puffers in the current tanks that you have set up for them = /
If you were to get a bigger tank ( I think in the 55-60g range correct me if I am wrong thanks) and went full marine you could have some tank mates with your gsp.
Thats pretty much as much as I know someone more knowledgeable will come along and answer your questions in more detail = p
1 M. Turgidus - 29 gallon
-
CyberBob
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
Welcome.
I agree, not even space for tankmates. You could prolly get by with a couple bumble bee gobies or mollies with the GSP temporarily, but that would be about it. The DPs are already maxed.
Do you plan to stay brakish or go full marine with the GSP?
If you plan to stay brakish (they like marine better) then you could keep some bumble bee gobies.
If you plan to go full marine, don't bother with tankmates yet. Also, in a 35g, you really won't be able to do live rock IMO.
But, you could use live sand at least. If you use a sump, you could put the coral in there though.
Just my opinion, G'Luck
I agree, not even space for tankmates. You could prolly get by with a couple bumble bee gobies or mollies with the GSP temporarily, but that would be about it. The DPs are already maxed.
Do you plan to stay brakish or go full marine with the GSP?
If you plan to stay brakish (they like marine better) then you could keep some bumble bee gobies.
If you plan to go full marine, don't bother with tankmates yet. Also, in a 35g, you really won't be able to do live rock IMO.
But, you could use live sand at least. If you use a sump, you could put the coral in there though.
Just my opinion, G'Luck
- bertie 83
- Moderator
- Posts: 5298
- Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis - Location (country): Brighton, England
- Location: brighton , england
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
Your dp tank is maxed im afraid, in a 35 g I don't think you will be able to get any tankmates as they are limited. Go with the marine ideaand live rock though , about 1.5 lb per gallon is always recommended on here so that would be a good place to start
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
-
jjj5311
- Figure 8 Puffer
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:14 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 2 DPs
Green Spotted Puffer - Location (country): USA
- Location: Milwuakee, WI
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
That is kind of what i figured tank mate wise... i will just have to get them lots of scenery to keep them busy lol
I do plan for going full marine eventually in a bigger tank.. so i can do live rock and the whole 9 yards
I have another post about the tank setup for the GSP if you would like to take a look i think i am going to do a picture "How I did it" thing so people could use it for reference
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27501
I do plan for going full marine eventually in a bigger tank.. so i can do live rock and the whole 9 yards
I have another post about the tank setup for the GSP if you would like to take a look i think i am going to do a picture "How I did it" thing so people could use it for reference
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27501
-
Trippinalice
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Green Spotted Puffer- Pierre
- Location (country): USA
- Location: Chicago, IL
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
Howdy neighbor from the north! Welcome
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)
from Chicago!
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
-
CyberBob
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
I never noticed before ... my family is from across the river. moline mostlyPufferpunk wrote:
from Chicago!
- Lil' Swimz$
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1686
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Lorteti - Peaches
- Location (country): USA
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
Hey there! From Wisconsin too, Madison, just like PuffyKid. 
Ha ha, he he! DAncE whEn yoU're HAPpppy! He he he! DAnce, danCE, DANCe!
- Dadof4
- Tech Team
- Posts: 2862
- Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: 1 GSP (Microfiche) RIP, 1 Monotrete Turgidus (Leon) in a 30gal. 1 Monotrete suvattii in a 40 gal FW. 120 gallon BW with 3 juvenile Dragon Gobies (so cool). 55 gal with a 2" GSP named Hank. 180 gallon being set up for a Fahaka in the next few months!
- Location (country): United States
- Location: North Wisconsin
Re: Hello from Wisconsin
Wisconsin represent! 
"Darwin swings...annnnnnd a miss. Boy Jim, Chuck's suffered at the plate tonight. He's 0 for 3 and I'm not sure he's recovered from that shoulder pull a few weeks ago. I'll bet the front office is re-thinking that contract."