Hi I am new
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- puffykid
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Madison, WI
Hi I am new
Hey long time lurker newly joined member. I currently have a gsp which I got from walmart before I knew all the work that he would require and following this forum was what enabled me to keep him alive. He is currently a small little guy (maybe) and is in a 10 gallon tank that I will upgrade to a 30 gallon by august when I move into my new place. Like what everyone else said I've become really attached to him and love how much personality he has and have spent multiple afternoons sitting around watching him and talk about him to my friends till their ears bleed.
1 M. Turgidus - 29 gallon
- chuckfriedrice
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 519
- Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 am
- My Puffers: Petey my porcupine Puffer had him since 5/20/2011 about 7 inches now !
- Location (country): Royal Palm Beach , Florida - USA
- Location: Royal Palm Beach , Florida_ USA
Re: Hi I am new
Welcome! They are a blast!
170G Picasso Trigger, snails,Damsels, Coral Beauty Angelfish and Diamond Goby .
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckfriedrice?feature=mhee
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckfriedrice?feature=mhee
- J-P
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 5626
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:21 am
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Japan
- Location: Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan
Re: Hi I am new
Welcome to the forum!
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
- puffykid
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 537
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location (country): Madison, WI
Re: Hi I am new
Hey so I had a few questions. I have just moved him into a 20 g long tank and was wondering how long he will be able to comfortably live in there? He has no one else in the tank and I am running a filter that is meant for a 30 g tank. Also he is around >1.5inches currently. Thanks for your help!
1 M. Turgidus - 29 gallon
-
Nuclear_Glitter
- Fahaka Puffer
- Posts: 971
- Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:03 am
- Gender: Female
- Location (country): North Carolina, USA
- Location: North Carolina, USA
Re: Hi I am new
I totally recommend getting him moved as soon as possible because there is always growth stunting problems, no matter how small they are currently. When you move out I totally recommend getting something around a 40 gallon or more if possible. 30 gallons for a GSP is said to be the minimum but it also requires CONSTANT attention, you can never skip a water change. Right now, well he is in the 20 gallon you need to make sure you have a water testing kit and you're testing regularly. Also, what filter type (brand) are you using? And how many GPH (gallons per hour) does it do?
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford
Re: Hi I am new
I am sure that the advice given here about taking care of the gsp must have been very useful as it is so important that they are looked after well in the beginning when they come to our place!! I have got some valuable advice from the forum which has helped me to save my puffers a couple of times – great forum!!