Hello everyone!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Post Reply
User avatar
Yozhik
Puffer Fry
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 3:33 am
Location (country): US

Hello everyone!

Post by Yozhik »

My name is Michael and I am a aquarium enthusiast. I have been part of the hobby for over 20 years now. In the past five years I have been VERY interested in fresh water puffer fish. I have owned C. travancoricus (successfully able to breed them), C. irrubesco, C. borneensis, and T. baileyi. Prior to my puffer obsession, I have owned all kinds of S. American Cichlids with wild Oscars being my favorite. The largest tank I have ever owned was a 500g in the wall tank but now I am only down to one 50g tank :(

The only puffer that I have now is the T. baileyi named Yozhik (means hedgehog in Russian) in a my 50g species tank.

Pics:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/807/img3957.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/img3973sn.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/img3960.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/img3968sd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/img3975pp.jpg
User avatar
hadla
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1626
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:33 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 2 gsps and a big Stars and stripes
Location (country): California
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by hadla »

hi! how did you breed the dps? id love to see the cute little babies in real life!
Never trust big puffers. The fingers you save may be your own. -RTR
User avatar
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA
Location: Orange Park, FL

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

Welcome, always nice to have another person that has been around fish for a long time.

Awesome looking hairy
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Thrilled to have an experienced aquarist join our group!

He does look like a hedgehog. ;)
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
Post Reply