I've been looking for more info on puffers, found this site and thought i'd say hi.
I currently have the following tanks
700l community tank ruled by Jeremy my Herichthys Pearse
120l community tank
50l with a couple of goldfish...daughter's tank lol
50l with 2 dwarf puffers
I swore i wouldn't get anymore but my wife has fallen in love with my DP's and wants her own puffers so i've just acquired a rio180 for her.
I've got lots of reading to do on here but was thinking about some figure 8's. In the mean time i'd welcome any other suggestions or advice on suitable freshwater puffers, thanks
Also just realized f8's are brackish, nearly every store i've been to claims they're fresh
Hi all
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
Re: Hi all
Yeah, they normally say that. However if you keep them in BW they can live to be in their mid to high teens and they will be much healthier.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
Charles Darwin
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi all
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
![welcome [welcome]](./images/smilies/welcome.gif)