trekenk wrote:Strips aren't near as accurate as the liquid, I wouldn't trust the strips. I would be surprised if your tank is fully cycled with the way you described cycling it and then adding your guy. Just keep an eye on the parameters.
Are you taking a sample to the same LFS that sold you your dog face puffer???? Sorry but most of us have come to realize most LFS are in the market of making money selling products you don't need and giving not the greatest advice. Sad but true. I had found that most don't take the time to shake the bottle long enough for a accurate reading. Trust you test kit and yourself for this.
No, I stopped going to that LFS. I will keep checking the water and fish. I will do a water change tomorrow regardless of what the test says. Thanks a for all your help.
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
OK, I had a buddy come over that has a reef tank...and has had them for years. He checked me levels and said they are a little high. I can't do anything tonight about a water change, so I added to cap fulls of Prime and will recheck tomorrow. Will do a water change on Wednesday. The levels are not in the yellow, but not in the green. I will update as things happen.
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
No, I don't have an RO system. So I will pick up some already mixed water from the LFS. I will do a 20 gallon change to start, .89 a gallon isn't to bad. I will pick it up Tuesday morning, and start warming it up to the temp in the tank.
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
OK, I gotta up today and rechecked the water. Ammonia- 0; I am very happy, I will do a water change on Wednesday and continue to monitor the parameters.
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
I'm also going on a 3 day vacation the first weekend in March. I have decided not to add any more fish until I get back. How are Puffers on being alone? Do they need tank mates to be happy, or are they fine by themselves?
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles