I have heard this theory before. I just didn't know when the season was exactly. And you lower the water temp for those months? or do you keep it steady? I think in Thailand you don't need a heater most of the year.
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...
I need a heater in the winter when temperature is lower than 27 C. In other season I don't need heater because weather in Thailand appropriate for them (about 28 - 30 C).
Last summer I loss 6 adult redeye because weather in Thailand is very hot (They still in my refrigerator).Temperature in my tank is about 33-34 C . I turn on an electric fan for them 24 hours a day but they still died.
I don't want to imagine what the weather is in next year and next next year.
Last edited by Joro_Q on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Puffers: 55g (2) GSP, (2) Maroon Clownfish, (1) blue damsel, And some soft corals and 1 Nem 45g FW community 20g snail and shrimp breeding tank for puffers
Some ppl with freeze an old pepsi bottle with water and let them hang in the tank or sump to chill the tank a bit. Kinda a cheap alternative to fish tank chillers.
"DREAM AS IF YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS IF YOU'L DIE TODAY' -JAMES DEAN
That's a good idea about the Pepsi bottles .... although I hope never to have to resort to that here in England. If it gets that hot, that would be a serious summer.
Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away Auriglobus modestus-----Traded Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport. Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded Congo Puffer ------------Traded South American Puffers -Traded Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :(
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept: T lineatus T miurus A modestus T biocellatus C valentini C coranata C papuan C lorteti DPs suvattii burrfish T niphobles
Pufferpunk, Do you have any Dr.Ebert's document.? I have had a German language document that talk about redeye breeding. But I don't know where I kept.