Say Hi from Thailand.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
User avatar
Joro_Q
Puffer Fry
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: c. lorteti x 30
T. abei x 4
T. turgidus x 2
Location (country): Bangkok , Thailand

Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Joro_Q »

Say Hi from Thailand. My name is Pe'.

This website is very awesome. It's great to know there are many people who love puffer , share and help other people.
I have 30 C.Lortteti , T. abei x 4 , T. turgidus x 2. C.Lorteti is the most puffer I love because It's look cute , redeye ,
blue tail , redline at stomach ETC. Moreover, they can make a flat body when they breeding and fighting.
It's very cute. I have a plan to breed them and someday I will made it :D .

Thank you TPF for a great website and a great people. :D
User avatar
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by pufferpuggirl »

Wow, 30 lorteti!! That's quite a lot of puffers, and I thought I was bad. :shock:

Anyway, good to have you with us. Do you have any photos of your puffers that we can see? :)
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
User avatar
Flutter
Former Staff Member
Posts: 2938
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location (country): Canada

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Flutter »

Welcome.

I'd definitely like to hear more about your tanks and pictures if possible. I've got 4 irrubescos and I'm hoping they'll breed some day. We're working on the first step right now which is getting softer water for them.
It is absurd to talk of one animal being higher than another. We consider those, when the cerebral structure/intellectual faculties most developed, as highest. A bee doubtless would when the instincts were.
Charles Darwin
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Pufferpunk »

[welcome]
Moreover, they can make a flat body when they breeding and fighting.
I hope they are not fighting too much! How big is their tank? Can you post a picture?
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 4167
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon
Location (country): USA
Location: Orange Park, FL

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

welcome, cant wait for pics
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
User avatar
PolishPuff
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: ________

Also cared for;

Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away
Auriglobus modestus-----Traded
Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport.
Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded
Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded
Congo Puffer ------------Traded
South American Puffers -Traded
Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :(
Location (country): USA-Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by PolishPuff »

Welcome,

I like lortetis as well (see my avatar)

Image
Image
"Lost time is never found again" Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by pufferpuggirl »

I no longer have lortetis (I had to get rid of mine to free up a tank that I needed at the time, but if I could find more, I'd have them again), however, I love the redeye puffers and I've got irrubesco, Bornean and salivator. Definitely one of the prettier species of puffers I think. :)
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
User avatar
Joro_Q
Puffer Fry
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: c. lorteti x 30
T. abei x 4
T. turgidus x 2
Location (country): Bangkok , Thailand

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Joro_Q »

I have 50 gallon tank (x 2) , 25 gallon plastic box (x4)
For each 50 gallon tank I keep 8 juvenile redeye , each 25 gallon plastic box I keep 4 adult redeye and one keep 2 adult.

In juvenile tank have a bit fighting and then they can live together as well. In adult tank there are strongly fighting. The bigger one or anyone who want to be a leader in the tank is more aggressive, bite anyone who come to its area. It's look like terrible fighting for adult but there aren't any redeye died in community tank. Now they can live together as well too.

I said I have a plan to breed them. Because 2 years ago I have had them eggs for 2 times but its failed. An eggs didn't have be born and to be fungus 2 days later. :( Now i will try to breed them again.

ํYou can see my redeye photo in my gallery. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Pufferpunk »

I had a female lorteti for several months before I added 2 more females & a male. She killed the 2 females right away & then after spawning with him 3x, killed the male too.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
Joro_Q
Puffer Fry
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: c. lorteti x 30
T. abei x 4
T. turgidus x 2
Location (country): Bangkok , Thailand

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Joro_Q »

Yes, I think female actually aggressive than male too. For breeding 1 male + 1 female is the best.
Did you keep the record from that spawning? , water parameter , temperature , tank size ETC.
Do you got any fry from that spawning?
User avatar
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by pufferpuggirl »

Just a question Joro_Q -- if you've got more than one male and one female in a tank, and they do spawn and babies come from it, won't those babies be eaten by the other puffers in that tank?
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
User avatar
By_a_coo
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:14 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: 1 X GSP
Location (country): Brazil
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by By_a_coo »

I'd just like to say WElcome Aboard!

You have lovely puffers! Glad to have you with us.
Fernando
User avatar
Joro_Q
Puffer Fry
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 am
Gender: Male
My Puffers: c. lorteti x 30
T. abei x 4
T. turgidus x 2
Location (country): Bangkok , Thailand

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by Joro_Q »

To Pufferpuggirl

They never spawn in community tank because I just keep a juvenile puffer. For breeding, I will keep adult puffer a pair per tank.

I keep many juvenile redeye in tank because I want to test something. I observe that they live as a group,
They're eat better and them aggressive has down too (They always aggressive when they hungry.)

I have tried in many environment to breed them.
1 male + 2 female = Failed. When male try to breeding, other female annoying them.
2 male + 1 female = Failed. When male try to breeding, other male annoying them.
2 male + 2 female = Failed. When male try to breeding, other male or female annoying them.
1 male + 1 female = This way is the best. I keep them for 2 years. There are very few fighting with them.
They spawn during rainy season in Thailand. I didn't check water parameter but temperature
is about 27-28 C. Them tank have 2 java mos and 2 baked clay pot at left and right corner
of 25 gallon tank. First spawn is about 100 eggs and second spawn is about 150 eggs.

Thank you for every comment :D
User avatar
pufferpuggirl
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 3979
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:

1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish
Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by pufferpuggirl »

That's really interesting .... and when is the rainy season in Thailand, during the June-August months?
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
User avatar
PolishPuff
Mbu Puffer
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm
Gender: Male
My Puffers: ________

Also cared for;

Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away
Auriglobus modestus-----Traded
Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport.
Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded
Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded
Congo Puffer ------------Traded
South American Puffers -Traded
Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :(
Location (country): USA-Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Say Hi from Thailand.

Post by PolishPuff »

This is getting interesting

I will bookmark this thread :D
"Lost time is never found again" Benjamin Franklin
Post Reply