Hi, my name is Mikey, from England Cornwall
This is my 3rd MBU Puffer, I have always had a liking to these fishes, they are cute and interesting to watch, my 1st MBU, was given to a aquatics as there was more room for him, he grew over a a foot in length, I really did miss him, my 2nd died after we moved house, I think it was the stress of the move.
So yesterday I picked up my 3rd one, he is about 4-5" in length, seems happy enough, going up and down side to side, but yet to eat. I offered him cockles in shell, will be getting some prawns and muscle later today. When do you guys think he will start to eat??
I will add more later
Bye
Hi all,
Forum rules
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
New to TPF? Read our Rules HERE!
- Mikeyburnsey
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: I own A MBU, bought 13th July 2010, it is called Midge. Housed in a 88 Gallon Tank External Filter Ehiem Pro 3. HMA water system, Blue and white lights for night and day. 2 Heaters.
- Location (country): Redruth Cornwall UK
- Location: Redruth Cornwall England
- Contact:
Hi all,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I take on advice, but refuse to be bullied by those who think they are in control!! Mikey
- Troender
- Former Staff Member
- Posts: 1843
- Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:04 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).
- Location: Askim, Norway
Re: Hi all,
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi all,
Will you be able to house this one for life?my 1st MBU, was given to a aquatics as there was more room for him
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=150
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- xrayjeeper83
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 4167
- Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon - Location (country): USA
- Location: Orange Park, FL
Re: Hi all,
welcome, more info on his living space
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
- pufferpuggirl
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 3979
- Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:04 pm
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffs & Stuff:
1 x M Abei
1 x M Turgidus
1 x T Palembangensis
1 x M Baileyii
1 x T Schoutedeni
1 x T Leiurus
1 x T Miurus
Rainbow crab
crayfish - Location (country): Yorkshire, GB
- Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Re: Hi all,
Cute Mbu you've got there. I'm guessing that your puffer probably just needs time to settle in. Once he's settled, he will probably eat. Keep in mind that it will not hurt him to go a few days without food, so don't worry too much about him not taking food.
"Puffer .... man's best friend?"
- PolishPuff
- Mbu Puffer
- Posts: 1212
- Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: ________
Also cared for;
Fahaka------------------- Had to give it away
Auriglobus modestus-----Traded
Auriglobus silus ---------Died during transport.
Figure Eight Puffers -----Sold and or traded
Dwarf Puffers ------------Traded
Congo Puffer ------------Traded
South American Puffers -Traded
Carinotetraodon lorteti --Died under my supervision :( - Location (country): USA-Chicago, IL
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Mikeyburnsey
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: I own A MBU, bought 13th July 2010, it is called Midge. Housed in a 88 Gallon Tank External Filter Ehiem Pro 3. HMA water system, Blue and white lights for night and day. 2 Heaters.
- Location (country): Redruth Cornwall UK
- Location: Redruth Cornwall England
- Contact:
Re: Hi all,
Thanks for the hello's
My new Mbu started to eat today
He/she is very active, mainly looking up towards the surface, one of the question what am I going to do when he reaches adult and large like my fist MBU, is all depends where I am living, and then hopefully get a very large tank. But for now I am enjoying watching him.
I also have a 80gallon tank which at present is my Malawi tank.
My new Mbu started to eat today
I also have a 80gallon tank which at present is my Malawi tank.
I take on advice, but refuse to be bullied by those who think they are in control!! Mikey
- Pufferpunk
- Queen Admin
- Posts: 32984
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
- Gender: Female
- My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles - Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Contact:
Re: Hi all,
It's great that he's eating. I'm afraid your puffer will never reach near to adult size in an 80g. You need to prepare for a much larger tank NOW.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
- Mikeyburnsey
- Puffer Fry
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 am
- Gender: Male
- My Puffers: I own A MBU, bought 13th July 2010, it is called Midge. Housed in a 88 Gallon Tank External Filter Ehiem Pro 3. HMA water system, Blue and white lights for night and day. 2 Heaters.
- Location (country): Redruth Cornwall UK
- Location: Redruth Cornwall England
- Contact:
Re: Hi all,
Just a quickie if anyone is after a MBU then my LFS http://www.tropicalfish.org.uk/ have a few for sale
I take on advice, but refuse to be bullied by those who think they are in control!! Mikey