A note to those entering POTM

Compete with your pufferpics here!
Forum rules
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?

Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!

Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455
Post Reply
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

A note to those entering POTM

Post by Myaj »

Hello everyone!

i'd just like to take a second to thank you all for sending in your entries.. and also remind you of a few "rules" for entering the competition.

There are limits on file sizes and dimensions, and while I'm not really concerned with that too much, it is extra work for me to resize them down to the "required" limits. So I do appreciate it when they are sent in at the correct size, especially if I'm busy and trying to get the contest online, and then find a couple of the files need to be edited. Same thing goes for sending links to Photobucket or hosted photos instead of attaching the file like we ask.. its really not a big deal, but it saves me a few steps and a little time and hassle if they are sent in properly.

And secondly.. please remember to also tell us your username/forum name when submitting an entry! I'm pretty good at matching up puffers to their owners, and always double check even if its obvious, but already for Feb we've had three entries that didn't say who they came from! There were a couple last month as well. This is very important for people newer to the forum who have never entered the competition before, as I may not be able to recognize you. Obviously, I email any entries like this back, but if the slots fill up while I'm waiting for a response, that entry won't make it in the current month. :)

Thank you all again for your enthusiasm and all the great pictures you've been sending in! This year should be a great one!

-aj
Image
Post Reply