Sept 2008 POTM - Winner announced!!

Compete with your pufferpics here!
Forum rules
Would you like to enter our Puffer of the Month photo competition?

Each month's winner is not only featured on our home page for the following month, but is automatically entered into our annual Puffer of the Year competition, with a grand prize of a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store!

Full rules and entry instructions can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3455

Which photo do YOU think should be the September Puffer of the Month?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:39 am

Entry #1
4
9%
Entry #2
8
17%
Entry #3
0
No votes
Entry #4
0
No votes
Entry #5
4
9%
Entry #6
1
2%
Entry #7
6
13%
Entry #8
20
43%
Entry #9
1
2%
Entry #10
2
4%
 
Total votes: 46

User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Sept 2008 POTM - Winner announced!!

Post by Myaj »

Thank you to everyone who sent in an entry in this month's competition! Its going to be a close one!

As always, entries are ALWAYS accepted, so send in your pictures! The earlier, the better!

And on to the chase....

Entry #1:

Monotrete turgidus
Beetlejuice
4"
Lived in a 20g tank alone--does not play well with others!
Entry1.jpg

Entry #2:
Hi my name is Elvis:, I am a Stars and Stripes Puffer.
I am about 15 months old. This morning while my mommy was making coffee, something spooked me, so I puffed up. This picture was taken after I started to deflate. I am about 8" long from nose to tail. I am also the biggest fish in the house which makes me "King". Species: Arothron hispidus
Entry2.jpg

Entry #3:
Species---Canthigaster Solandri
Name---Mr. Solandri
Age---2 years old
Size---4 inches
Description---Keeping cool in the shade.
Entry3.jpg

Entry #4:
- Species Takifugu ocellatus
- Name of Puffer shark bait
- Age ?
- Size 4 inches
Entry4.jpg

Entry #5:
Species: Arothron Manilensis
Name: Wesley
Age: Between 9 months and 1 year (only had him for about 1 month)
Size: ~ 2 inches
Description: Wesley lives in a 75 gallon tank with my 2 Ceylon puffers, loves seaweed and algae (especially hair algae), and is a little cutie!
Entry5.jpg

Entry #6:
Species - Tetraodon nigroviridis
Name of Puffer - Bonzo (in rest mode)
Age - Had him 11 months
Size - approx 3 1/4" inc. tail
Brief description - I'm a sleepy little pishy, all this posing for pictures is hard work, time to take a break and have a little nap zzzZZZ
Entry6.jpg

Entry #7:
- Diodon Holocanthus
- Shelby
- A year, and a halfish
- around 5 inches
- She's clearly a very happy puffer :)
Entry7.jpg

Entry #8:
Name: Sushi
Species: Takifugu Ocellatus (Fugu puffer)
Age: less than a year old (I think), 4 months in this tank
Length: 4"
I like burrowing in the fine sand and pretend that I'm ambushing someone while I'm in partial disguise. I gotta say I don't like it so much when the prickly hermit crab walks all over me as if I don't exist though. Ugh! I wonder if I'm really that hard to tell apart from the sand, or that he's got horrible eyesight.
Entry8.jpg

Entry #9:
Species: Porcupine Puffer
Name : Spike (I made this up....)
Age: Unknown
Size: 8"
Brief Description: A healthy looking porc at a LFS near my home.
Entry9.jpg

Entry #10:
Playing Ying and Yang!
- Arothron Hispid & Tetraodon Fluviatilis- Stars & Ceylon
- Ages : Stars- been with me for 6 months since he was 2 cm Ceylon- been with me for 1 1/2 years since he was about 2 inches
- Size : Both 3 1/2 inches or so....
- Brief description : Recently upgraded to a 100G (UK) tank, running at 1.020SG.
Entry10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
User avatar
Jay.B.
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:34 am
My Puffers: 1 x Tetraodon Nigroviridis
1 x Canthigaster Papua
1 x Centropyge flavipectoralis
1 x Echidna nebulosa
1 x Pair of black Amphiprion Ocellaris
1 x Fusigobius neophytus
Location: Belper, Derbyshire, UK

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Jay.B. »

everybody has such good looking fishies :)

suitably impressed... again ;)
crazedpuffer
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:57 pm
My Puffers: 1x Porcupine Puffer
1xValentini
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by crazedpuffer »

very nice everyone! Good luck!
User avatar
julianchan
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:25 am
My Puffers: 1 GSP Elevator.....Lord Vator to everyone else...
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by julianchan »

oooooo...loads of good shots! Good luck everyone! This is going to be fun.....
User avatar
t1gerbee
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:10 am
My Puffers: 1 x Ceylon + 1 x GSP + 1 x stars and stripes (juv) -Marine
(Non puffs-)
4 x clowns
1 x Oscar-Tropical
3 x Convicts-Tropical
1 x Map Turtle-tropical
2 x Plecs-Tropical
2 x goldfish
Location: london

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by t1gerbee »

Heck, i'm stuck. Gonna have to consider this for a few days... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
1 x 90G Juv stars and stripes puffer, Ceylon Puffer + GSP + 2 black clowns
1 x 30G LPS Reef
1 x 30G 1 x Blind goldfish :-)
Image
recombinantrider
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:34 pm
My Puffers: Tetraodon nigroviridis (GSP)
Takifugu ocellatus (Fugu puffer)
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by recombinantrider »

I'm biting my nails. This one is tough!
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Myaj »

I'm stuck between two shots as well.. one I just love because its "different" and very cool looking, another I just love the entire thing, gorgeous fish, cute pose and great photography.
Image
User avatar
Troender
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:04 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: 1x GSP (Bolla), 1x m. something. Bought as a leiurus, maybe a turgidus (Tiger), 1x c. irrubesco (Tott(a) aka Houdini) 1x c. salivator (Jack the Ripper), 1x m. cochinchinensis (Hufflepuff - R.I.P.), 2x c. lorteti (Tommy and Tigern = Calvin and Hubbes), 1x m. suvatti (Koseklumpen), 1x m. palembangensis (Dragonfly), 2x t. biocellatus (Koken and Fiken).
Location: Askim, Norway

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Troender »

I have no idea why we have trouble getting enough entries, because we really have a lot of good photographers here at TPF! The quality of the pics are just so high each and every time! Or maybe that's why we do have trouble getting enough entries - because the good pics scare others off? Anyway, my bottom line is: WOW, there's really a lot of good pics this time too! :supercool:
Inger Anne
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider! -George Carlin

Image
crazedpuffer
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1755
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:57 pm
My Puffers: 1x Porcupine Puffer
1xValentini
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by crazedpuffer »

I gotta admit, entry number 3 has got really nice colors.
User avatar
Pufferpunk
Queen Admin
Posts: 32984
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Puffers I have kept:
T lineatus
T miurus
A modestus
T biocellatus
C valentini
C coranata
C papuan
C lorteti
DPs
suvattii
burrfish
T niphobles
Location (country): USA, Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Pufferpunk »

LOL, one of mine was entered as a filler but as much as I love the lil guy (& the pic) I had to vote for a better one.
You are getting sleepy... you only hear the sound of my voice... you must do water changes... water changes... water changes... water changes...

"The solution to pollution is dilution!"
User avatar
Agnate
Former Staff Member
Posts: 1203
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:44 pm
My Puffers: -

1 Abei Puffer [Monotrete Abei]
(Captain Abe)
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Agnate »

Same here, PP.
Did our staff successfully help you? The Puffer Forum is an incredible resource and is run completely on the donations of its viewers. Proceeds from the Puffer Forum store go towards future contests and keeping the site running. Donations may also be made via PayPal.

- Paul

40 gallon - Future home of Abei Puffer
28 gallon - 1 Abei Puffer (Captain Abe)
5 gallon - 1 Betta (Frederico)
User avatar
Myaj
Tech Team
Posts: 4587
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: Female
My Puffers: Bubba, turgidus
Paris, lined burrfish
Location: SE Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Myaj »

Whooo hasn't vooo-tteeeedddd?????

Get your votes in my friends!

And don't forget to start sending in those October entries!
Image
User avatar
Jay.B.
Green Spotted Puffer
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:34 am
My Puffers: 1 x Tetraodon Nigroviridis
1 x Canthigaster Papua
1 x Centropyge flavipectoralis
1 x Echidna nebulosa
1 x Pair of black Amphiprion Ocellaris
1 x Fusigobius neophytus
Location: Belper, Derbyshire, UK

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by Jay.B. »

I've changed mine a few times LOL might just change it again yet as I think a certain little fellow deserves at least one vote haha
User avatar
t1gerbee
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:10 am
My Puffers: 1 x Ceylon + 1 x GSP + 1 x stars and stripes (juv) -Marine
(Non puffs-)
4 x clowns
1 x Oscar-Tropical
3 x Convicts-Tropical
1 x Map Turtle-tropical
2 x Plecs-Tropical
2 x goldfish
Location: london

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by t1gerbee »

Jay.B. wrote:I've changed mine a few times LOL might just change it again yet as I think a certain little fellow deserves at least one vote haha

you'd be rubbish in an election jay... the idea is to vote, and stick to it! :-)
1 x 90G Juv stars and stripes puffer, Ceylon Puffer + GSP + 2 black clowns
1 x 30G LPS Reef
1 x 30G 1 x Blind goldfish :-)
Image
User avatar
groovitudedude
Fahaka Puffer
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:25 am
My Puffers: 1X Dwarf Puffer, 1X Auriglobus Silus
Location: SoCal

Re: Sept 2008 POTM - Vote NOW!!!

Post by groovitudedude »

All of these puffers look in excellent condition, regardless of the picture!
Fire Eel!
Tiny Fish Forum
Post Reply